• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I have wondered about carrying while riding. However, I wear racing cut jerseys and hate to think what the gun would look like after 4 hours or more of pouring salt all over it. I know what my kits look like when I am done! I also wondering what happens when I crash while carrying. (As I push the MTB, I tend to go 'splat'!)

The Pistol Wear looks interesting for running though.

For those that carry Glock, how do these impact the triggler? If the fanny pack option is used, how do you safeguard the trigger?

Here are a couple of other threads you may find helpful.

Bicycle Carry?

True Conceal Carry

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    For road biking you don't want anything next to your belly. My preference is in one of the rear pockets of my cycling jersey. I have found a camera case that works well to hold my gun, protect it from sweat, fits securely in my jersey pocket, adds a little padding in the event of a crash, keeps the trigger from getting snagged. The camera case is also non-descript and keeps it concealed which is important as some of my friends are snowflake like and don't need to know I am carrying unless I need to use it.

As a caution if you are doing group rides or organized events. Many groups use schools as starting points and rest stops. Be sure you are familiar with the legal issues and risks when you exit your motorized vehicle.

Rickshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Always armed on bike trail. I just wear camp shorts with outside the waist shirt. My normal carry holster. Never had any problem.

Ibuytumuch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Indy
    For road biking you don't want anything next to your belly. My preference is in one of the rear pockets of my cycling jersey. I have found a camera case that works well to hold my gun, protect it from sweat, fits securely in my jersey pocket, adds a little padding in the event of a crash, keeps the trigger from getting snagged. The camera case is also non-descript and keeps it concealed which is important as some of my friends are snowflake like and don't need to know I am carrying unless I need to use it.

As a caution if you are doing group rides or organized events. Many groups use schools as starting points and rest stops. Be sure you are familiar with the legal issues and risks when you exit your motorized vehicle.

Nice idea, I read your other post recommending a camera case.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    The Bodyguard 380 has always been my MTB gun. I don't wear the riding apparel that is associated with biking, so keep that in mind. Just Carhartt shorts and a t-shirt for me. Sweat really isn't a concern for me because I clean and lube it when I get home as if I had taken it to the range. It sits in a Blackhawk No. 2 pocket holster. I have a manual safety version of the Bodyguard. So ,it's got one in the pipe too. Don't have a problem with crashing because I don't ride over my head. Everyone makes their own decisions.

Top Bottom