• ...and so much more!
  • jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ha, thanks guys. I plan on putting a ton of rounds through this thing. :D

Very nice. Now just add a Timney or Yo-Dave trigger and you will be amazed what that rifle can do. I am a big Sightron fan as well, excellent choice in optics.

I'm considering a couple of mods at the moment. I think I'll give the modified poor man's trigger job a try (452 Varmint Trigger Adjustment (Pics) - RimfireCentral.com Forums) just because I love to play with things. I feel like the trigger is pretty decent as it is despite the creep, but hey if it can get better, why not? I also plan on bedding the stock when I can. I read about using leather for bedding, which seems kind of cool and old school, but I wonder how well it would hold up over time. May just go the glass bedding route.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I would love to hear more about this leather bedding! I have never heard of such a thing!

Seems like a good route to take with a gun like this:
    (hey, it's a CZ thread, right?)
    DSC01024-3.jpg

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's a very nice FS. :yesway: I would love to get one of those in the future, and maybe a left handed lux, and so on and so on... :D

I read about the leather bedding at rimfirecentral: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449374

I'm sure it's not as solid as glass and pillars, but it seems easy to do and wouldn't require any permanent changes to the stock, so it's worth a try. I just thought it sounded like a cool idea.

Top Bottom