• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I hope you're not talking about what I wrote. If you are, you've projected more than a little. I don't dislike CZ at all. I think they are great shooting guns and there's a good reason why they are dominating production division in USPSA (and it's not just because people are following popular shooters who use them). They are a first rate shooting tool.

However, I'm surprised and disappointed to learn that failure of small parts (aside from springs) is common due to dry fire. That should not occur with any modern centerfire pistol. Dry practice (which includes dry firing the gun at times) is an integral part of excelling in any of the practical shooting sports. CZ is clearly marketing to that crowd, so it's curious that they don't ship products with better components.

It's also surprising to me that the owners seem content with knowing they need to replace those parts.
    I may have gotten out over my skis a bit too much. If so, I apologize. I'm probably not smart enough to adequately explain the mindset. I don't buy a gun expecting it to fail. Until recently I'd never had a problem with a CZ. Recently, I had to have an extractor replaced on a used gun I had purchased. Not a big deal. The thing is, I have really very little interest in a stock gun. I have fourteen CZs and I have no idea how a stock one performs, whether there are problems with the small parts or not. The only reason a gun remains stock around here is because I am saving money for the upgrades. I have ten fully Cajunized CZs. I have two more that are with the gunsmith right now being upgraded. I have two more that are waiting for me to save the money. It costs roughly $400, including sights, to upgrade a standard, safety model CZ. I bit less for a decocker model and less still for one with an Omega trigger system. Someone may not like this. They may think it's stupid and unnecessary. I don't care. I know what I like and it's my money. I will spend it as I choose. Life is too short for a mediocre trigger. That's why I usually only buy CZs and that's why I invest enough to make them how I want them. I have yet to find a trigger I like better on any gun. Others may disagree and that is fine with me. I have great respect for other brands of handguns. I know why people like them. I also have great respect for people who can run a stock trigger and make hay with it. I am not that skilled and I never will be. It's okay, I'm old and I know what makes me happy.

Top Bottom