• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • upchurch67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    I have long been considering a CZ-75. But I am very indecisive about which specific options and caliber. I'd like to hear from the masses with some experience on the topic.
    Caliber? SA only? etc, etc.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    CZ P-01 or 75 Compact. DA/SA with decocker. 9mm. Done.

^^^Same here. I have had 2 P-01's-still have 1 of them. I also have 2 75B's. One in polished stainless, and one that is two-tone-top black and the frame OD green.
    The 75B's that I have are the "Cocked+Locked" type of manual safeties. The P-01 has the de-cock lever.
    For 1911 folks the 75B manual safety is just a natural, although I do like the decock mode on my P-01.
    All of my CZ's have been in 9MM, and they will shoot VERY well with just about any loads put through them.
    If you ask me--Buy It..Bill.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The 75 is available with just about any configuration you're willing to pay for.

Keep in mind though, cz's are only good if you:

A. Enjoy hitting what you aim at.
    B. Prefer the firearm to cycle flawlessly
    C. Like the feel of grip designed for most hands
    D. Appreciate looking at a great design and above average build quality.

If those things are not what you're looking for in a handgun, there are other brands.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I have a CZ-75B for EDC. I carry it cocked and locked in a Raven Concealment holster - could not ask for a better setup. The compact versions are great as well.

Not a fan of the of the CZ P07. Polymer framed and looks too much like an XD.

I do see quite a few guys trying to trade off their G19s in favor of a CZ.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not only can you get a lot of options with a CZ 75, if you add in the CZ clones, there are even more options out there. I have had 3 CZs, an Armalite and a Tanfoglio are there are some interesting twists when you look at the clones. One of my CZs is a CZ 97 in 45acp and it is about the best looking pistol I have in its deep blued splendor. It's also one of the most accurate guns I've shot. All of the others are 9mm.

The best built of them all is the Armalite (made by Sarsilmaz of Turkey). It has a fully forged frame and slide and the machine work on it is excellent. The safety is nicer than teh CZs in that you can rack the slide with the safety on and you can carry either cocked and locked or decocked and locked.

The Tanfoglio is a TZ 75.88 and also has an improved safety, but will not allow the slide to be racked with the safty on. It's a 9mm and is very close in feel to an early pre-B CZ 75.

I have a CZ 75B Compact that gets carried a lot and is one of my favorite guns to shoot. I have that one outfitted with night sights and it also does nightstand duty once in a while.

The last one I've had is a pre-B CZ 75. Those have triggers that tend to be a bit lighter and a little more crisp. They are fantastic shooters and can be bought fairly cheaply if you buy an ex-Czech police turn in.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    +1 on the Phantom or Shadow, or go with what I chose and try a SA. It has been fantastic so far with zero failures of any kind, a bit cheaper than the some of the other models, and you can get it in 9mm or 40sw depending on your preference.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The 75 is available with just about any configuration you're willing to pay for.

Keep in mind though, cz's are only good if you:

A. Enjoy hitting what you aim at.
    B. Prefer the firearm to cycle flawlessly
    C. Like the feel of grip designed for most hands
    D. Appreciate looking at a great design and above average build quality.

If those things are not what you're looking for in a handgun, there are other brands.

What he said.:rockwoot:

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    Sexy CZ

One of the sexiest pistols made (yes i said it) Love mine (S/S CZ-75b in 40 cal)

↑↑↑↑ yep... what he said.... sexiest ↓↓↓↓

picture.php

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I currently have a P0-1 and have owned the full-size bd, the compact 40, the PCR and the one made for Colt the designation # eludes me. They are all fine pistols and the only one I ever had trouble with was the PCR and CZ-USA fixed it quickly without any grumbling or whining.:yesway:

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I have two 75 compacts, one I converted to single action only and will probably do the same to the other. Accurate, reliable, comfortable, and reasonably priced. I have a S&W M&P and a Glock 19 that I dont like near as well as the CZs, and a Hi Power that I would put up there with the CZ.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    WooHoo! I just found a CZ 85 Combat dual tone in stock and placed an order. The guy said it should ship out to my FFL today. Been wanting one of these for a long time.

:rockwoot:

I went for the 85 Combat mainly because I'm a lefty and I want the ambi controls. This will be a range/home defense gun, so the lack of firing pin block isn't a big deal, and I'd rather have the smoother trigger pull anyway. There are no SA or decocker options on the 85 that I know of, and the ambi controls are more of a priority to me.

I believe the 85 Combat is only available in 9mm, and I'm a 9mm guy anyway. I like the extra mag capacity, the ability to practice on the cheap, and have plenty of confidence in 124gr +P Gold Dots. :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom