• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    When would you say colts quality turned for the worse? I am barely shedding my ignorance at the green age of 32 (almost) . I grew up knowing the name. I started shooting avoiding the guns.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think most of it started in 1985 with the big strike and things went down hill from there. Money people got control of the company seeing it as just another company and made decisions that might make sense for some places but were disastrous for Colt. The 1990s saw executives cozying up to Bill Clinton and parroting anti gun rhetoric which caused a boycott furthering the company's woes.

I don't know much about CZs manufacturing, only own a CZ-52, but I hear good things about the guns. They need to restart in a pro gun state like Indiana and focus on what people want to buy. A bottom of the barrel parts gun SAA brings in $1200 on GB every day. They should be able to build those. With modern steel I would bet they could design a 9mm version of the 1903 which would be a good seller as well.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think most of it started in 1985 with the big strike and things went down hill from there. Money people got control of the company seeing it as just another company and made decisions that might make sense for some places but were disastrous for Colt. The 1990s saw executives cozying up to Bill Clinton and parroting anti gun rhetoric which caused a boycott furthering the company's woes.

I don't know much about CZs manufacturing, only own a CZ-52, but I hear good things about the guns. They need to restart in a pro gun state like Indiana and focus on what people want to buy. A bottom of the barrel parts gun SAA brings in $1200 on GB every day. They should be able to build those. With modern steel I would bet they could design a 9mm version of the 1903 which would be a good seller as well.
    This is what I hope for.
    1616288884135.png
    1616288908407.png

Top Bottom