• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So I finally get a CZ75B (85 actually) and it is everything I expected, feels great, accurate, awesome SA trigger. However after about 50 rounds the beavertail starts digging into my hand. I tried to hold it a bit lower but that didn't help. So I'm looking for some suggestions on how to fix this, is it my grip, do I have it worked on or do I cut my loses and sell it and get one of the newer CZ's with an extended beavertail? I figure this has to be a problem for some 1911 guys too.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Strange, I have never had that problem on any CZ I have ever owned or shot. I choke up on the beavertail as much as possible and use a thumbs high and forward grip just like I do on my 1911s.

Try changing your grip and see if that helps first.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I ride the safety with my right thumb. The same as I do on my 1911s. On my P-01 I rest my right thumb on top of my left hand right behind my left thumb with the knuckel of my right thumb tucked under the decocker.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I have the same issue with my 75b in .40. I have a 75 Shadow T with the upswept beavertail and don't have that problem. It isn't a huge deal, but I need to grip my .40 differently. I also have large hands.

What may also help is lowering your grip a tad. What size magazines are you shooting? The 18 round magazines are longer and you should be able to lower your grip to be more comfortably.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I ride the safety with my right thumb. The same as I do on my 1911s. On my P-01 I rest my right thumb on top of my left hand right behind my left thumb with the knuckel of my right thumb tucked under the decocker.

That feels like it would solve the beavertail problem. It really gets your grip up there but my thumb doesn't feel quite right sitting that high. The stock grip swell pushes it down a little too much. I'll split the difference at this point and see if that works. I picked up a couple cheap sets of grips and see how those feel. I think you are getting me on the right track with the right thumb placement. Thanks

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom