• ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have a few CZs but never had a P-09. Try asking here. You will see a lot of fooling around but I am sure several will pipe in with useful info.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I've got a P-09. I like it a lot. I had a G42 and G17 beforehand. I shot better with the CZ P-09 from the get-go. I like the decocker, plus the Omega system means you can swap it for a safety. My old man told me to stick with Glock :blahblah:, then he shot the P-09 and bought himself a SP-01 tactical. That said, some other INGOers who are better shots than I am do better with a Glock, S&W, Steyr, etc. Nothing wrong with them and everyone has different hands. The P-09 is slim in the hand, but still feels quite full and comfortable to me.

It's lefty-friendly. I can with my LH, decock or release the slide. The mag release is reversible like everyone else's these days, but can depress the button on the LHS with the LH index finger.

There are some downsides. For instance, if you want a .22 kit for it, you have to keep an eye out to not get fleeced as CZ doesn't keep them under constant production. There is simply more support for the CZ 75, but maybe not in a way that's useful to you. If you decide the tweak it, the Omega system is supposedly simpler to operate on from a DIY perspect (I haven't tested against the CZ 75 system). The two usual sources for parts are Cajun Gun Works and the CZ Custom Shop sites. There are oodles of discussions of tweaking CZs on the internet. It's also only in 9mm (occasionally can see a gun in 40 on GB), not a big deal for most folks, but if you want exotic cartridges, the P-09 ain't the gun for it. If wanting 40/.357 Sig, probably better off with a Sig P226 that began its life in 40/357 and E2 grips. I'd also like to see CZ reinvest in the ambidextrous release that they abandoned on the CZ P10.

10/10 would recommend and am planning on buying additional CZs after my experience with the P-09. Between CGW and the CZCustom for parts and INGO's own Wizard to do the tweaking, it's a great option.

Also, just a warning: Those CZ people are weirdos. :shady:

Edit: While the CZ folks are always happy to give insight and help us spend money, it can be a nightmare to try to find specific posts a week later. Bookmarking and all helps, but I personally ain't offended by these separate threads since they make finding the information later significantly easier. Just my opinion.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I've got a P-09. I like it a lot. I had a G42 and G17 beforehand. I shot better with the CZ P-09 from the get-go. I like the decocker, plus the Omega system means you can swap it for a safety. My old man told me to stick with Glock :blahblah:, then he shot the P-09 and bought himself a SP-01 tactical. That said, some other INGOers who are better shots than I am do better with a Glock, S&W, Steyr, etc. Nothing wrong with them and everyone has different hands. The P-09 is slim in the hand, but still feels quite full and comfortable to me.

It's lefty-friendly. I can with my LH, decock or release the slide. The mag release is reversible like everyone else's these days, but can depress the button on the LHS with the LH index finger.

There are some downsides. For instance, if you want a .22 kit for it, you have to keep an eye out to not get fleeced as CZ doesn't keep them under constant production. There is simply more support for the CZ 75, but maybe not in a way that's useful to you. If you decide the tweak it, the Omega system is supposedly simpler to operate on from a DIY perspect (I haven't tested against the CZ 75 system). The two usual sources for parts are Cajun Gun Works and the CZ Custom Shop sites. There are oodles of discussions of tweaking CZs on the internet. It's also only in 9mm (occasionally can see a gun in 40 on GB), not a big deal for most folks, but if you want exotic cartridges, the P-09 ain't the gun for it. If wanting 40/.357 Sig, probably better off with a Sig P226 that began its life in 40/357 and E2 grips. I'd also like to see CZ reinvest in the ambidextrous release that they abandoned on the CZ P10.

10/10 would recommend and am planning on buying additional CZs after my experience with the P-09. Between CGW and the CZCustom for parts and INGO's own Wizard to do the tweaking, it's a great option.

Also, just a warning: Those CZ people are weirdos. :shady:

Edit: While the CZ folks are always happy to give insight and help us spend money, it can be a nightmare to try to find specific posts a week later. Bookmarking and all helps, but I personally ain't offended by these separate threads since they make finding the information later significantly easier. Just my opinion.
    Thanks man sounds like I’m gonna get one. Now to just find a threaded barrel that’s not 200$

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Thanks man sounds like I’m gonna get one. Now to just find a threaded barrel that’s not 200$
    I got mine from Cajun...my P09 was cajunized by the Wizard...all I did was drop in the threaded barrel for the can.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    If want suppressor-height sights, they have a tactical version with a threaded barrel and taller sights. Happy hunting.

P.S. CGW has a threaded P-09 barrel for $165 (Out of stock at the moment):

Edit: Dangit. Ninja'd by @jagee .

Top Bottom