• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Ok just picked one up from grabagun. Solid weapon only thing is this annoying tab at bottom of gun by where magazine comes out. What's the deal with this. Is it to put a keychain on ha. What's the deal and can it be removed. Thanks.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    It is for a lanyard to clip onto it. Since that pistol was originally designed to compete for military & police contracts, that was put on so if the soldier/marine/cop wouldn't loose said gun if it was knocked out of his/her hand.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Yep, it's a lanyard loop. Used for the reasons mentioned above, so it can be tethered and not lost in case it works it way loose from your hands or a holster. I *think* you can get a different butt plug from CZ that doesn't have the loop, which would probably look nicer than trying to remove it yourself... though I don't know why you couldn't remove it if it's in the way.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Thanks. I'm going to look into a plug for it. I guess I get the point but kinda dumb. First gun I have seen with this.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    It's more than looks. When I shoot I put my left hand under magazine for more support and it's poking into me. I found the factory piece to replace 9.00 plus 9.50 to ship it haha I ordered it and will post pics when I put it in. Some guy modded it with a dremmel haha

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It's more than looks. When I shoot I put my left hand under magazine for more support and it's poking into me. I found the factory piece to replace 9.00 plus 9.50 to ship it haha I ordered it and will post pics when I put it in. Some guy modded it with a dremmel haha

Like a teacup grip?
    teacup.png

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have had a couple of P07s. I traded them only because I thought I wanted something more, not really a plastic gun guy. Having said that I would not hesitate to own one again. Mine were both very accurate and reliable. Kind of boxy and somewhat difficult to find holsters, etc. Although you can use other CZ magazines without any problem the magazines made for the gun are overpriced and somewhat difficult to find. I think, as long as you stick with the 9mm, you will have a hard time finding a better gun for the price. They also have a model with an extended barrel and raised sights made specifically for a can. I have given that one some thought. Probably would be kinda cool.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got my wife's P07 out this weekend - I forgot how good that gun is.:)

Cedartop is right - there are much better ways to grip you handgun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I looked at one at Midwest last week. I am really impressed with the gun for the price. Let us know what you think of it after you shoot it some.

Yes, the P09 is a full size gun. The P07 is in the G19 ballpark. The slide may be a skosh wider. Cajun Gun Works is about to come out with some pretty cool after-market stuff for the P07/09. If you like to tinker you could really make it a superstar.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Nice, well done! Plus you can always go back to having it attached if you ever change your mind.

I forgot to add earlier that I've shot a P-07. It's a crazy good shooter, and perceived recoil wasn't a whole lot different than the more expensive P-01 I was shooting alongside it. I like the feel of the P-01 better in my hand, but for the $$, the P-07 is a darned fine pistol, I think you'll be really happy with it.

Top Bottom