• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It's just a quirk for me. Like some people who just have to have a manual thumb safety on a carry gun. I just prefer the decocker version. However, the thumb safety being disabled while the gun is in DA is a really nice feature of the CZ design. I can manually decock one just fine and never had any issues. I've really tried to get past the whole decocker thing. I have passed up on some standard Rami deals because of it. It's just me, others probably have other reasons. Like I said, my stupid brain just won't get past it. :dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's just a quirk for me. Like some people who just have to have a manual thumb safety on a carry gun. I just prefer the decocker version. However, the thumb safety being disabled while the gun is in DA is a really nice feature of the CZ design. I can manually decock one just fine and never had any issues. I've really tried to get past the whole decocker thing. I have passed up on some standard Rami deals because of it. It's just me, others probably have other reasons. Like I said, my stupid brain just won't get past it. :dunno:
    My brain is like that about a lot of things. ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I set out for a BD, but couldn't find one so I bought the standard safety model. I carry the same way as BA and am not afraid to manually decock. Love be gun and wouldn't trade it for a decocker model.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    While we're on the subject of DA/SA guns and decockers and what not. One thing that makes no sense to me is having a thumb safety on a handgun that can be activated while in DA, especially a safety/decocker design where you decock the gun and place it into DA, then are able to place the safety in the on position rendering the trigger dead. Two that come to mind for me at the moment are the FN FNX-45 and Bersa Thunder Pro, but I know there are others this way. I don't get the point of this design whatsoever. I mean, you already have the thing in DA, which that in itself is supposed to be the argument for the DA/SA design, so why add a manual thumb safety as well?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning, T-D.
    I guess it is for the opposite of the G**** crowd. The ones who can't trust themselves at all and have to have every safety device possible. I'm wondering why they don't also have a grip safety and magazine safety. ;)

They are probably belt and suspender people.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning, T-D.
    I guess it is for the opposite of the G**** crowd. The ones who can't trust themselves at all and have to have every safety device possible. I'm wondering why they don't also have a grip safety and magazine safety. ;)

They are probably belt and suspender people.
    :laugh:

fuzzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Bear hound, Thanks for the heads up on this. Their used price was a little high and you had to join Team Buds to be able buy this particular gun. I'll just have to be patient and keep looking.

Top Bottom