• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I just ordered a ZT561 from a forum member who wanted to let one go so I can finally be accepted into this club.

Of course I need a new grip screw for my 75 Shadow as one of mine fell out somehow when I was at MCFG.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm in.

20140311_150235.jpg

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Although I'm not a fan of the old style P-07 I have to admit I am digging that P-09. Maybe if I see a new style P-07 in person maybe I can finally fall in love with it.

Maybe, no promises.

Awesome collection MM

Thank you, I wasn't crazy about the P-07 or the Phantom but I really like the P-09. With some cajunization it will be even better when I get the $$$ to pull that off. I might do the P-06 at the same time.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    CIMG3766-002.JPG

Hmmmm.... How do I compete with all of this....OK,
    CZ/BOPK*/CSKKO**
    * Black ops pate` knife
    ** Chinese Swiss Knife Knock Off
    Feel yer testicles shrinking?
    :banana: :cool: :rockwoot:

Attachments

• CIMG3766-003.JPG
      CIMG3766-003.JPG
      121.3 KB · Views: 3
    • CIMG3766-004.jpg
      CIMG3766-004.jpg
      419.9 KB · Views: 1
    • CIMG3766-005.jpg
      CIMG3766-005.jpg
      421 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thank you, I wasn't crazy about the P-07 or the Phantom but I really like the P-09. With some cajunization it will be even better when I get the $$$ to pull that off. I might do the P-06 at the same time.
    Man, I love my Phantom. It's the only plastic gun I own. I have had a couple of the old P07s and they were okay but were always the first one I sold when I wanted something else. I am looking hard at the new one, hoping to fall in love. The P07/P09 don't have the CZ ergos that are one of the real draws for the 75 platform.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Man, I love my Phantom. It's the only plastic gun I own. I have had a couple of the old P07s and they were okay but were always the first one I sold when I wanted something else. I am looking hard at the new one, hoping to fall in love. The P07/P09 don't have the CZ ergos that are one of the real draws for the 75 platform.

If you look at my p-01 in the picture it has the fullsize 16 round magazine in it from the 75 series with the extended mag base. My hands were too big to comfortably use the regular 14 round magazines for long periods of time.

I was interested in the P-09 a bit and then found a used one for a great price. I figured if I didn't like it I could always resell it and recoup all of my money so I bought it from him. I'm pretty impressed with the trigger and the feel of it. I've got a 75 Shadow and a 75 Shadow T, both with work done on them and the P-09 is respectable compared to them. My P-06 when I shoot it feels like it needs work done to it to improve it, but the P-09 is better.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Man, back in the day, I was buying CZ's from KS&E when they were the only ones in town carrying them.

Back then, CZ's were a well kept secret and I got my first CZ - a CZ75BD for $289.00. Those were the days.

I have had a CZ40, P01, BD, plain B, CZ97 and CZ83. They have all functioned perfectexcept for the BD, and that was just weak factory magazine springs.

The CZ75 just fits my hand so well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you look at my p-01 in the picture it has the fullsize 16 round magazine in it from the 75 series with the extended mag base. My hands were too big to comfortably use the regular 14 round magazines for long periods of time.

I was interested in the P-09 a bit and then found a used one for a great price. I figured if I didn't like it I could always resell it and recoup all of my money so I bought it from him. I'm pretty impressed with the trigger and the feel of it. I've got a 75 Shadow and a 75 Shadow T, both with work done on them and the P-09 is respectable compared to them. My P-06 when I shoot it feels like it needs work done to it to improve it, but the P-09 is better.

I use the 16 round mags in my Compact. Although my hands aren't too big for the regular grip I really like them. Also, the idea of buying used at a reasonable price is one I use as well. In fact, i've found that I actually prefer to buy used now as the more rounds out the barrel the better the gun, IMO. It's not like you can really hurt them with normal use. I would love to try out a P09 but I am really satisfied with my Phantom so I can't really see myself buying another full size polymer. But you never know. The great thing about CZs, like other guns, is we can agree that we like them while we each like different models for different reasons. I really admire your group of guns and can't wait to hear how much more you like the P09 and P06 after you upgrade them.

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    20140320_175215.jpg

CZ knows how to make a rifle too. I love my CZ452 it is one of my favorite shooters and boringly accurate

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    lol I know everyone is running around here with fancy cz 75s, but I just got in with a cz-82. The things damned accurate, has decent capacity, is retarded simple with the blowback system, and has better ergonomics then a makarov. Also ammo is cheap.

Though with the sorta worn out spring, the recoil is a bit rough on my hand, so I ordered a heavier 18# wolf spring. Anyone have any experience replacing the springs on the 82s and 83s?

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    There are usually a few on gunbroker but they have gone up a bit in price since I found mine. You wont be dissapointed if you get one.

Top Bottom