• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    Just checked Damascus and they are out of stock but that gives me another place to look. I may take a trip to Owensboro and see what they have this week.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Don't settle for a clone. They aren't the same.

I have had at least 5-6 cz-75's and I have loved every one of them. The P-01 is my favorite.

You cannot lump all clones together as being inferior. I have several pre-B CZs as well as a CZ Compact and while all of those are great pistols, my Armalite AR24K is a better gun. By just about any measure, the Armalite is superior to the standard CZ. I had a Tanfoglio that was very well done too. I also have a Witness in 10mm which is a good gun, but comes behind the CZ in quality in my opinion.

OP, you will be very happy with any CZ. IMHO, they are the best 9mm pistols available today.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never had or even held a CZ75, but I did fall into a deal on a Tanfaglio Witness (.45acp) with the "Wonder Finish", brand new, unfired in the box for $190 at an estate auction.

I only bought it because I had heard good things about the Witness line.

I love that pistol.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    You cannot lump all clones together as being inferior. I have several pre-B CZs as well as a CZ Compact and while all of those are great pistols, my Armalite AR24K is a better gun. By just about any measure, the Armalite is superior to the standard CZ. I had a Tanfoglio that was very well done too. I also have a Witness in 10mm which is a good gun, but comes behind the CZ in quality in my opinion.

OP, you will be very happy with any CZ. IMHO, they are the best 9mm pistols available today.

I agree with you there are some very good quality clones with some rivaling or surpassing that of the original. However my reason for purchasing this gun has more to do with
    the idea of having the original than an actual functioning contest.

Lakeman62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Syracuse area
    I have a P-01 and love it. currently looking for the P-06. I have talked with a lot of gun guy's that think the CZ is one of the most underated guns out there.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    I have a P-01 and love it. currently looking for the P-06. I have talked with a lot of gun guy's that think the CZ is one of the most underated guns out there.

Agreed. The CZ's are under-appreciated by anyone who doesn't have one. Those of us that do have them are crazy about them.

I have a P-01 that is a beautiful handgun. Shoots great, accurate, well-made, shoots ANYTHING. Just love it.

FYI: I did shoot a CZ-83 that had jamming problems, so maybe their smaller caliber guns can be problematic. 9mm is where they seem to excel.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a Compact, a P06, a RAMI and my 40P. I love them all. I have had a few 75's and will again soon. I am selling the 40P only because I got the P06 in trade and it already has been customized by Cajun Gun Works. Now the first three all have custom trigger jobs. Talk about a joy to shoot.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I have owned my P-01 for about 7 or 8 yrs now. I bought it at an auction that had a gunshops retail stock(closed down) up for bids. New in the box with manual, spent cartridge, OEM cleaning kit, hardshell case, 2 hicap mags and factory night sights....$310...too bad that will never happen again...Id take another 2 or 3 of them! :rockwoot:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I have owned my P-01 for about 7 or 8 yrs now. I bought it at an auction that had a gunshops retail stock(closed down) up for bids. New in the box with manual, spent cartridge, OEM cleaning kit, hardshell case, 2 hicap mags and factory night sights....$310...too bad that will never happen again...Id take another 2 or 3 of them! :rockwoot:

Yeah, that's HALF the price of a new one now. Great find!

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    Daughter has a Shadow Custom from the CZ Custom Shop...it has the short reset trigger and has quickly become my favorite pistol. If I could afford another one I would buy one for myself.

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    If you find a CZ for sale, I suggest that you dry fire it before you buy. Some models have a recurve trigger that can dig into your trigger finger causing pain. The triggers can be changed out, but it is an additional expense.

VictorZulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Is $375 for a CZ-85 in decent shape a good buy? There are a lot of comments about the 75 but not the 85.

MSRP IS 582.00 so depending on "decent" I would say yes a good price. Without seeing it it would be hard to give an accurate response.

VictorZulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    From the CZ USA web site "The CZ 85 incorporates ambidextrous features into the basic CZ 75 platform including RH and LH safety and slide stop levers as well as a reversible mag release"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom