• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    So I just received the mags and what not that I will need to start shooting some FNS and what not, except a belt and mag pouches. Belt's being what they are and a million to choose from, I think I want a DAA Competition Belt. I'm skeptical on the velcro only closure so I'm looking for some people who use it to give me some insight as to how well it stays in place and how tight you can get it. I really want something that I can not only use for competition, but also for EDC. I don't care what people think about me wearing a competition belt for EDC or vice versa... I just want something that will work great for both applications. Does anyone here use one for EDC, or is there a reason they wouldn't?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    For everyday carry the best belt is a Daltech Force BioBelt. For competition I use DAA and Ernie Hill Speed belts.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Any reason(s) you don't wear the DAA for everyday carry? Or is there any reason why I shouldn't look for the DAA to do both with? Having never done competitions or even bought a decent belt for EDC before (Dickies from walmart is what I've been wearing), I have no knowledge as to what would make a good belt for both applications. I need a lot of advice from the experts because I'm wanting to buy 1 that will fit the need of both edc and competition, if that's even possible. I know I want a stiff and thick belt that will keep my gun from sagging and keep it close, but as far as how the DAA differs from an EDC belt, I have no idea.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I don't use a DAA for everyday carry because it's not meant for that. Competition belts like the DAA are meant to be set up with a holster and 3 to 8 mag pouches depending on what division your shooting. You don't want to haul around 25 pounds of gear with you daily.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Any reason(s) you don't wear the DAA for everyday carry? Or is there any reason why I shouldn't look for the DAA to do both with? Having never done competitions or even bought a decent belt for EDC before (Dickies from walmart is what I've been wearing), I have no knowledge as to what would make a good belt for both applications. I need a lot of advice from the experts because I'm wanting to buy 1 that will fit the need of both edc and competition, if that's even possible. I know I want a stiff and thick belt that will keep my gun from sagging and keep it close, but as far as how the DAA differs from an EDC belt, I have no idea.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I don't use a DAA for everyday carry because it's not meant for that. Competition belts like the DAA are meant to be set up with a holster and 3 to 8 mag pouches depending on what division your shooting. You don't want to haul around 25 pounds of gear with you daily.

I know I've never owned one and I'm looking for insight on it, but couldn't you just carry your holster on it and take the 18 mag pouches off? Or does it not work that way?

Top Bottom