May 14, 2010
    colt556 asked for a pic of this:

IMGP2473.jpg

antiwheeze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I must be under appreciating this firearm. It shoots low and the 357 recoil is too much for me....did like the 38 spec in it! (I am a hand gun neophyte)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yep, it's as I told you. Mine was a Pistol Pac with 4 bbls, 2 grips, belt buckle and patch all in a fitted brief case. Those are good strong guns.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have a dan wesson in a million little pieces being prepped to be reblued as we speak... comples mechanisms and i dont like the cylandger catch because you have to put pressure on it the OPPOSITE direction that the cylander needs to come out so overall not a fan.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One in 4" was my first time, too. But I was probably 14 and didn't really like the .38 special loads even.
    I should have bought that and kept it.

Now 20 years later I shoot .38 just fine from a K frame (and .357 just to make sure I'm keeping up).

But I miss that "4 Dan Wesson and all the fun we could've had.

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    I have a dan wesson in a million little pieces being prepped to be reblued as we speak... comples mechanisms and i dont like the cylandger catch because you have to put pressure on it the OPPOSITE direction that the cylander needs to come out so overall not a fan.

This is actually one of the things I love about the Dan Wesson. It's not much for speed loading, but I can be confident that the cylinder will forever lock tight. It only adds to the consistency and reliability of the gun.

I must be under appreciating this firearm. It shoots low and the 357 recoil is too much for me....did like the 38 spec in it! (I am a hand gun neophyte)

This write up has lots of information that may help you appreciate the gun a little more --> Dan Wesson Revolvers

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I had one and it was easy but you push it down from the top, not sideways to open it.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

i dont like the cylandger catch because you have to put pressure on it the OPPOSITE direction that the cylander needs to come out so overall not a fan.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    This is actually one of the things I love about the Dan Wesson. It's not much for speed loading, but I can be confident that the cylinder will forever lock tight. It only adds to the consistency and reliability of the gun.

This write up has lots of information that may help you appreciate the gun a little more --> Dan Wesson Revolvers

how is ANY other cylander latch less reliable?

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    how is ANY other cylander latch less reliable?

The Dan Wesson cylinders lock in the front with the latch and in the rear with the spring loaded ball. I'm not saying other cylinders aren't reliable, just that the tighter hold on the cylinder makes every round you shoot more consistent and reduces wear making it more reliable IMO. Ever pick up a well used 30 year old revolver and jiggle the cylinder? I've shot a few thousand rounds through mine and who knows how many the previous owners shot and the cylinder is just as tight as when it was brand new.
    In the same way, the barrel with tension in the front and rear add consistency to every round. I get tighter groups and longer range with the Dan Wesson than with any revolver I have used. It's all in the design, but like any other weapon, I guess it's more a matter of preference.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    After seeing this thread, I decided to pull mine out of the safe today and take it too the range. Mine has the 6" barrel and wood grips, just the way my dad gave it to me over 20 years ago. I'd forgotten how smooth the trigger is.:rockwoot:

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois
    Yep, it's as I told you. Mine was a Pistol Pac with 4 bbls, 2 grips, belt buckle and patch all in a fitted brief case. Those are good strong guns.

I have a Pistol Pac with 2, 4, 6, & 8 inch barrels. It kicks pretty good with the 2 inch barrel shooting 357 rounds. I keep the 8 inch barrel on it ... haven't had the 8 inch barrel off of the frame in 20+ years. The Dan Wesson is my wife's favorite pistol to shoot using 38s. I've thought about getting another frame and having a second pistol, but have never gotten around to it.

shooter98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    I'm a HUGE Dan Wesson fan, have them in 22, 357, 41, 44, 10 and 45 ACP. Very nice and versital firearms.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm a HUGE Dan Wesson fan, have them in 22, 357, 41, 44, 10 and 45 ACP. Very nice and versital firearms.

I had the .22 Pistol Pack. IT was NIB and had all the paper work, belt buckle and shoulder patch/ I wish I had that thing back. I have a .22 6" bbl and some grips around here somewhere I should sell.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    We need to quit talking about Dan Wesson's and how nice they are. If the truth get's around, the prices will go up! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom