• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    It might just be me but he wasn't looking to threatening to me ... especially after saying that he was advancing on them with a knife.

RAW: Dallas Cops Shoot Unarmed Mentally Ill Man Standing in the Street!! - YouTube

Uh-oh: surveillance camera shows Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man

From Bearingarms.com website:

OCTOBER 18, 2013 Today, Cardan Spencer and Christopher Watson are officers with the Dallas Police Department.*If there is any justice at all in Texas courts, they will*soon be prison inmates:Family and friends of a mentally ill Rylie man want answers after a Dallas police officer shot him for no apparent reason Monday in broad daylight outside his home.A police report says that Officer Cardan Spencer fired on Bobby Gerald Bennett, 52, after Bennett walked toward him and his partner with a “knife raised in an aggressive manner.”But a neighbor’s video surveillance camera recording shows something different: It shows Bennett, who was seated in a chair, initially rolling back from officers as they advance on him. Bennett then stands up but does not move. His hands remain at his side and he is standing still when Spencer shoots him, firing his service weapon four times.Bennett remained in the intensive care unit of a Dallas hospital Thursday after being shot in the abdomen.Spencer and Watson were unaware of the*surveillance camera, and claimed that Bennett was advancing upon them with a knife, which the video clearly shows not to be true.The gunned a man down, and tried to lie about it. There is no place in law enforcement for men such as these.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yep... no police state in this country.

What? Cops lying to cover up yet another murder? Colour me shocked! No doubt their brethren and department will have their backs.
    Yes of course. The cops in this video appear to be dicks, so all police are murdering scum. Also, thanks to Bisard we now know all cops are drunks as well. And thanks to James Holmes we know that all gun owners are mass murderers just waiting to strike. :rolleyes:

Broad brushes are tools of the weak minded.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I guess it depends on if the guy had a knife. I also wonder why the guy stood up in a fighting stance. Notice he only stood up after he was approached. What did he say? It could still be a justified shooting. 21 feet INGO use of force experts. I would also imagine they have their own video complete with recording.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I guess it depends on if the guy had a knife. I also wonder why the guy stood up in a fighting stance. Notice he only stood up after he was approached. What did he say? It could still be a justified shooting. 21 feet INGO use of force experts. I would also imagine they have their own video complete with recording.

Their report said he was coming at them with the knife in an aggressive manner, the video just shows him standing there and not moving until he is shot, then he falls down in an aggressive manner

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Really? What did he say?

Wow!

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    What ticks you are is when cops try to cover up crap like lying about a knife makes good cops, which are the majority, look bad.

Its a tough job I have done and without a doubt mistakes happen, but when you draw that gun you need to be 100%.

Charging cops, even unarmed, is not a good idea though.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

What fighting stance? He simply stood up. He didn't square off, he didn't bring his hands up, he didn't lower his chin... that wasn't a fighting stance. That was a guy simply standing there in the middle of the street.

If it was a good shoot they wouldn't have had to lie about him coming at them.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Fact 1, Christopher Watson didn't shoot anybody (not like anybody cares)

Fact 2, the police were there, because the guys mother called:
    According to police accounts, Spencer and Watson responded to the 9400 block of Crimnson Court on Monday afternoon after Bennett’s mother, Joyce Jackson, called police for help in dealing with her son. Authorities have said that she told the 911 operator that Bennett was violent, had a knife and was throwing things at a garage door.

Fact 3, The guy shot gets to go back to prison after all this (he was wanted for felony parole violation, maybe somebody didn't wanna go back to prison?)

simply extra facts...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sure doesn't look good. The officer who shot is on indefinite unpaid suspension. His lawyer says there were facts known to the officer that make it justified, but I'm having trouble seeing what they could possibly be (or believing public statements made by anyone's lawyer...).

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-charge-against-rylie-man-shot-by-officer.ece

I'm sure abuses by the police in North Korea or Saudi Arabia aren't treated quite the same. In an actual police state/tyranny, there would be no suspension, no investigation, and you'd probably be in trouble for talking about it in a public venue.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes of course. The cops in this video appear to be dicks, so all police are murdering scum. Also, thanks to Bisard we now know all cops are drunks as well. And thanks to James Holmes we know that all gun owners are mass murderers just waiting to strike. :rolleyes:

Broad brushes are tools of the weak minded.

^^^THIS^^^

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Fact 1, Christopher Watson didn't shoot anybody (not like anybody cares)

Fact 2, the police were there, because the guys mother called:
    According to police accounts, Spencer and Watson responded to the 9400 block of Crimnson Court on Monday afternoon after Bennett’s mother, Joyce Jackson, called police for help in dealing with her son. Authorities have said that she told the 911 operator that Bennett was violent, had a knife and was throwing things at a garage door.

Fact 3, The guy shot gets to go back to prison after all this (he was wanted for felony parole violation, maybe somebody didn't wanna go back to prison?)

simply extra facts...

Fact 4, there are those in this world who will still defend a bad cop involved in a bad shoot, regardless of the facts, in this case, a video showing the bad cop/s lied their asses off.

It's really pretty scary to think there have been two posts in this thread trying to justify gunning someone down for no reason, scary and disgusting.

My ignore list has two new members.

Top Bottom