• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Many times the media referred to "armor", and it usually turned out to NOT be armor.

From our buddy Kurt Schlichter

No, President Fail, the lesson of a bunch of people who want to murder me because of my skin color is not that I need to disarm.

I agree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not an organization? Well, They have a website. I wonder what THEY say they are?

Oh. Here it is...
    Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

So THEY say they are a chapter based national organization.

KobeBeefKatana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    Westfield
    That one cat in the "pillar" video obviously has had physical training which can be gained almost anywhere these days (you tube mostly) But the part that sticks out to me is the mental aspect. This guy has been in a gat battle/s before to the point where he can make sound judgments without hesitation. It's a shame that this has happened, where do we go from here?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some things I find interesting.

Headlines on this incident universally do not mention the race of the suspects or the officers. Headlines of politicized police shootings do include race, and have since at least Ferguson.

Obama talks about people and actions when it's the big mean police vs minorities. When police are murdered for being police, it's about the guns.

Obama doesn't find facts relevant when police are accused of misconduct, although if it turns out you did everything right you might get a free beer. Now his statement is "We still don't know all the facts, we do know there's been a vicious....act on law enforcement." Not an attack, mind you, an act. The facts are apparently relevant on this one.

The media is already setting the narrative. Dallas PD is a bunch of meanies. They tweeted the photo of a 'suspect' who turned out to be innocent. Yup, quotation marks around 'suspect' in the headline, like he wasn't REALLY a suspect. Why not just say it? Yup, we're glad these cops got killed because it will make more clicks for us. The longer we keep the controversy going, the more money we make. Hey, maybe they should have stayed in their cars, right? That'll get'em going. There is truly no shame in media or politics.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Call the national guard in. Shoot anyone who refuses to clear the streets. ****in terrorists.

[SUB]that seems a bit excessive[/SUB]

As far as reasonable solutions go.... what is there? People are mad (some rightfully, some based on nonsense) and acting out. Is it a result of poor leadership? If we call it "violent rhetoric", then we're saying people aren't in control of themselves.

If a person is killed by an authority, what is the reasonable response? What will keep the response from turning violent like this?

Is society to blame?
    Is politics to blame?
    Are we going to get a Charleston-esque response where we find a new flag to ban?

I get the desire to continue calling BLM "non-violent"... until it is. Occupy was non-violent, too... up until the rapes and bomb threats. There are extremes and splinters in these sorts of groups that reflect poorly on the group as a whole... sure. But the BLM "movement" has been using violent rhetoric since Ferguson (**** the police, "what do we want, dead cops", pigs in a blanket, etc)

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That one cat in the "pillar" video obviously has had physical training which can be gained almost anywhere these days (you tube mostly) But the part that sticks out to me is the mental aspect. This guy has been in a gat battle/s before to the point where he can make sound judgments without hesitation. It's a shame that this has happened, where do we go from here?

I will agree about prior gunfight part. But I don't think he looks like he picked his movement up from YouTube.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The Chief just said they used a bomb to kill the last suspect.

If true, that's the first good news yet.
    I hope it took a while for him to kick off, seeing his own carcass lying in ruins, right before he took the one-way to hell.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The "only" is implied. That implication is backed up by action. If one was to say Spotted Owls Lives, Siberian Tiger lives, or Sea Turtle lives mattered, one is taking steps to make the distinction that spotted owls, Siberian tigers, and sea turtles in particular matter. If members of such groups, were to forcefully "correct" the statement that ALL owls, tigers and turtles matters with spotted owls, Siberian tigers and sea turtles matters, those members are enforcing the implication with action.

That's you opinion, I disagree.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Browsing Twitter and Instagram, not everyone agrees the police deaths were a bad thing. Sad state of affairs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not an organization? Well, They have a website. I wonder what THEY say they are?

Oh. Here it is...
    Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

So THEY say they are a chapter based national organization.

Lol. Jamil, you know me. Is there something you're leaving out about this "national" organization?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hmmm...maybe it's just a figment of my imagination, but I recall the Tea Party being first ridiculed, then accused of being a racist organization, with barely restrained violent tendencies just under the surface.
    I also recall attending a TP rally in downtown Indy that was so peaceful, so well ordered, so full of polite, courteous people, that it felt more like a picnic than a protest of several thousand.
    At the end, the place was so clean that there was quite literally not even so much as a single gum wrapper on the ground.
    What a juxtaposition.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Flipped over to 96.3 FM a celeb caller was talking to the host about Dallas and said that when "you kill a Russian, Russians come and see you" and that "we need to have a plan" and "be willing to follow it when needed". The host did not stop him and agreed with him, it sounds to me like they're inciting violence on that show.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom