• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Go back and listen to.... oh what was the name of that jam... .

Hazy Shade of Criminal? Clearly some lyrics disparaging police actions, but PE handed plenty of blame around even in that song. Nice to see rap lyrics being analyzed on INGO in a thread where arresting people for saying "**** the police" has been advocated. Wasn't that tried, and not only did it fail but it exacerbated the problem?

Oh, and hold up. BLM didn't organize the protest.

Christianity as a terrorist organization is an interesting concept.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hazy Shade of Criminal? Clearly some lyrics disparaging police actions, but PE handed plenty of blame around even in that song. Nice to see rap lyrics being analyzed on INGO in a thread where arresting people for saying "**** the police" has been advocated. Wasn't that tried, and not only did it fail but it exacerbated the problem?

I'm really drawing a blank on the song I'm thinking of. I will have to admit (and may have to buy Kut a beverage) that my recollection may be filtered threw the overall anti-police genre of the late 80s, early 90s. Clearly, NWA was more direct, being from South Central. The NYC groups were more sophisticated in their views. ;)

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I would be content with a "clarification" of his "role" or lack thereof...

I don't see how any of that is in order from the police. If they'd preemptive let shot the guy or tased him maybe, but it seems like they behaved in a perfectly reasonable way.

I'm definitely not on board with abusing 'officer safety' but if ever there was a time and place this was it.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I know we shouldn't make judgements but...

Hard not to notice the pan-african patch on militant style clothing of his affiliate

(Micah Xavier on right)

Cm2iTCgW8AA1l3Z.jpg:large

Can you use your magic research skills to find out which party, if any, Micah Xavier was registered with?

Probably a damn Libertarian with all those guns!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw it reported, and it wasn't "credible" but it's being said that he was former Army Reserve or National Guard. It'll be interesting to hear what comes out on this. It was also reported that he was not BLM affiliated as he aligned with other certain groups, such as those already mentioned.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anyone else getting the deja vu feeling? Radical Islamic terrorists do not represent Islam, and radical BLM murderers don't represent BLM.

The analogy is more truthfully: "Radical Islamic terrorists do not represent Islam, and radical BLM murderers don't represent all black people."

If you're chanting death threats, you're part of the problem. That's if your Muslim chanting "Death to America" or BLM chanting about killing police.

Not every ISIS supporter kills people so I guess we need to stop calling them out for inspiring violence. That would be the logically consistent move if we're going to ignore BLM's routine calls for violence.

For the record: I do not think ISIS represents all Muslims. That would be like saying BLM represents all blacks which is not true. ISIS represents ISIS, and BLM represents BLM.

Yeah, more along those lines.

I'm also going to play devil's advocate. Did we not consider all KKK members equally culpable for burning crosses and hanging people? AND at what point does mob mentality become an issue?

And these.

Divisiveness. Whatever their greviences, real or perceived; whatever their goals are, keeping people safe or racially motivated; one thing they've definitely managed to do is increase divisiveness rather than reduce it.

Yup. I made the thread about the increase in tribalism not terribly long ago. The sad part is politicians on both sides of the fence are eating it up for their own benefit.

Not shocked in the slightest.

I see a lot of binary talk, not just on INGO but wherever. Us vs them is not healthy language to use or a mindset to have. Micah Johnson got caught up in all the us vs them rhetoric from the BLM movement and he started seeing white people as less than human, something he needed to lash out against. As I read the information about the shooter, it seemed pretty obvious that binary thinking was a precursor to his final actions. Life rarely distills to just two things. For him it came down to that. Coupled with training and the will to do it, just wow.

Right. Someone's who on the edge of reality anyway, looking for purpose, finds one, becomes the hero of his own narrative...sort of like how you recruit suicide bombers.

Exactly, the media wants a race war.

No, they don't. They want money. Money comes from ratings. The BS they spew gets ratings. If racial tension is exacerbated and violence results, that's not their goal...but they don't see it as their problem either.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Back to Dallas

Are they not talking about the other three suspects anymore? Lot of focus on the one dead one.

Were the other three not involved, or just alleged suspects being questioned?

Theyre not talking, they apparently were apprehended well away from the scene (the freeway), and the one shooter they have is saying he acted alone. So they seem to have some sort of plan in place. At some point the authorities are going to have to reveal their hand, to the public, let the suspects walk. They might be waiting it out to see exactly what they do have that links them to the shooting. If they are actually the shooters, they're playing it smart.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It would be sorely tempting to give these guys some motivation to talk by taking one up for a copter ride, a la "Scarface."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    No, they don't. They want money. Money comes from ratings. The BS they spew gets ratings. If racial tension is exacerbated and violence results, that's not their goal...but they don't see it as their problem either.

Bingo. I spent 10 years in broadcast news. Ratings and ad dollars are the driving force behind all of it.

They run divisive stories about things like gun control, abortion, crime, racism and violence because it drives eyeballs to the TV and clicks to the website, which means more ad money.

These are the go-to topics because EVERYONE has an opinion on them. The media doesn't care what side of the issue you are on. They only care that you're on one of them.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Bye Felicia

Ok. That's funny right there.

But, seems like a confusing and confused guy, looking for a reason to go off.

Although, he could've been a member of INGO:
    - thought the police were wrong more often than not in shooting people
    - didn't like Al Sharpton
    - didn't like BLM
    - willing to take up arms for his beliefs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still seems odd the candidates haven't made official statements. Clinton is probably waiting on Trump to say something stupid, so she can attack it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump had a statement. Both canceled events for today.

In other news, WTF happened to the other shooter? I thought there were 2 sniper hides with coordinated fire. Was that ever officially corrected?

Top Bottom