• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Looking for ideas and suggestions on things to see and do in Dallas or the nearby area, also throw in a nice restaurant or 2. Will be there for 2 1/2 days.

Thanks.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Forget everything you know or will ever hear and go to Hutchins BBQ in McKinney TX and get the all you can eat, you will thank me the rest of your life!

Cavenders boot city in Plano is legit if you wear western wear.

If you want to see the real backwoods of East Texas then head for Telephone TX and do some driving around but be advised it takes a 4x4 with ground clearance to make it down the dirt roads, you can drive through some big ranches and along the red river.

If you are not leaving the city then try out the pecan lodge as I have not been yet.

You will be coming up on pecan season there soon, if you are into that it is kinda fun to go pick them up and hull them, best pecans in the world right there, much better then the garbage we are used to from GA.

Last edited:

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Good suggestions. Thank you. We will be hanging out in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I think we will do the stockyards one of the days, looks like a fun thing to do.

Top Bottom