• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Well in this wonderful weather today i decided to go shoot some of my new toys...on the list were...

• Mossberg 930 JM
    • IWI Barak
    • S&W 25-2 in 45 ACP
    • S&W J Frame
    • S&W m&P 15
    • Sig 226

Started off by putting 197 shells through my new 930 which ran flawlessly even in the snow and loading the 25 or so rounds i had to pick out of the snow after i dropped them. Thoroughly impressed with shooting it and the plate racks seemed to drop nice and easily after i found out where my POA should be.

Now the Barak...talk about a pistol that just blew me away. I got this as a Christmas present and it was my first time shooting it. I am so impressed with this little gun. It shoots extremely well and is a hoot to blast away with.

The 25-2 i just finished as well and i used to figure people who talked about blasting plates at 25yds were full of it but i'll be damned if i didnt do it with this revolver. Easily my most accurate hand gun. It knocks plates over with authority too which is nice.

The j frame- shot like a -j frame go figure. fun little gun and a great back up.

My rifle shot just like it always does and the new midwest brake was a good investment. A little bit softer shooting even if it is a bit louder.

Now onto my old trusty 226 mk25. I figured it would be a good day to see if i could get a malfunction out of the old girl. Low and behold...i didnt. It just ran. After the mag well and chamber were packed with snow and it was left to freeze for a good 5-10 minutes buried in the snow it just kept trucking away.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I was also changing diapers today and also made a point to go out before the snow. I am a hand loader and don't like coming home without my brass.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    You know what would have made this day better? You inviting me to shoot with you.

If i would have known i would have invited you.

Glad to here the 930 is running well for ya. Hopefully it'll stay that way during the matches this year. :) Where'd ya shoot today?

Yeah i hope so. my buddy had some issues with his but it should be an easy fix...we went to hillside since they were one of the only ones open

Those damn reliable guns...

I'm jealous, i was changing diapers (but i went out yesterday!)

yeah diapers were tonights task

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Mostly just standing messing around with some plate racks for both 930's. Mine ran with no issues at all. Fed fine shot great and generally performed to a higher level than a 600 dollar semi auto shoutgun would be expected to.

Now for my buddies that was another thing all together. He had two main issues. The spring was binding something fierce in the magazine tube which was causing quite a few issues as far as feeding. Also his overtravel stop came out of adjustment meaning the trigger wouldnt fire the gun about 50% of the time. Both easy fixes.

The real test will be tomorrow when i get it all cleaned up and see how dirty and nasty it really is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mostly just standing messing around with some plate racks for both 930's. Mine ran with no issues at all. Fed fine shot great and generally performed to a higher level than a 600 dollar semi auto shoutgun would be expected to.

Now for my buddies that was another thing all together. He had two main issues. The spring was binding something fierce in the magazine tube which was causing quite a few issues as far as feeding. Also his overtravel stop came out of adjustment meaning the trigger wouldnt fire the gun about 50% of the time. Both easy fixes.

The real test will be tomorrow when i get it all cleaned up and see how dirty and nasty it really is.

The spring/mag issue is common but as you said, easy fix.

Top Bottom