Dangit! Decided to get outta .45acp and now a Ruger SR45 followed me home!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I made the decision to get out of .45acp and consolidate to 9mm and went to favorite LGS and checked out a Ruger SR45 for giggles. Ive had the SR9 and SR40 but wasn't that impressed. I got the SR45 lightly used and went out and shot the last couple hundred rounds of.45 I had and its the best shooting .45 Ive ever shot. Recoil is very soft and feels much better than a glock 21. It don't like the stainless two tone look but who cares if it fits me and shoots this good. My 7 year old daughter loves it and she couldn't get it to malfunction unlike my former glock 21 and 1911s, she had issues with limp wristing with those but not the SR45. Next Im picking up more rounds, couple extra mags and a Galloway Precision spring kit.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just when you thought you were out....they pull you back in! I love a good .45 and the SR45 felt fantastic! I'd love to spent some time shooting with one!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I made the decision to get out of .45acp and consolidate to 9mm and went to favorite LGS and I got the SR45. Next Im picking up more rounds, couple extra mags and a Galloway Precision spring kit.

nelson-haha.jpg
    You can't get away from .45!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    .45, my favorite caliber! I couldn't imagine trying to get away from it. Now .40 cal on the other hand, I did in fact get away from it years ago and haven't once looked back. The .45 is cheap to shoot but only because I cast for it but even plated rounds wouldn't break the bank.

Hang on to that Ruger, your going to like it a lot.

Top Bottom