• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Good for Daniels! He saw, (and rightly so) that the bill, as well as the current prosecutors and police procedures, were unConstitutional. It's quite clear in the Indiana Constitution that ALL proceeds are to go to the schools and not be stolen by the prosecutors and police, to beef up their budgets as a "bonus". While not stealing money from people is the optimum this is, at least a step in the right direction.

Daniels vetoes bill to give money seized in crimes to law enforcement | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    The wife and I attended the Republican Spring dinner in Indy last night. They ran a video presentation of everything he has accomplished since he was governor, it was very impressive.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It would seem to give too much an incentive to seize property. I still don't like the fact that people have to fight to get their property back after not being convicted of anything.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    If only he would of Veto'd the completely ineffective and counter productive "texting ban" he might not of been such a douche bag.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's quite clear in the Indiana Constitution that ALL proceeds are to go to the schools and not be stolen by the prosecutors and police, to beef up their budgets as a "bonus".

Now, now, let's not go all constitutionally on anyone.:D

IPAC got caught with its hand in the cookie jar and wanted to make legal what they were doing for years. *snicker* Didn't get away with it did ya, boys?:laugh:

slapped the police and prosecutors greedy hands! I love it!

What is really troubling is that the cops already get millions upon millions of dollars in diversion money and yet they cry poverty in order to take from the future of children. I cannot understand why there is not a popular revolt over this. Perhaps people just have other things to do.:dunno:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Daniels is walking a tightrope right now, balancing what he should do as Governor of Indiana vs. what is best for playing in Peoria for his POTUS run. It's a tough position.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    The police and prosecutors have other means on larger forteitures.

If they tie it to a federal law that was broken in some cases (usually the larger ones) the feds will do it.

When this happens the fed keeps the bigest part and the participating agencies each get a cut.

Unless the state law says that federal forfeitures shared with Indiana agencies also has to go to the school fund it only helps on the small ones.

Any State agency that gets any forteiture money has to send it to Indy to be put in the school fund. (It always has been this way to my knowledge unless it changed in the last few years)

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    For all you guys that like Mitch the ***** *** don't for get that he could have stood firm and fought for us to be totally free from state government as a people here in Indiana by demanding an end to property taxes .... he didn't and that if we did it would place an unburdened on the schools ... as per his letter to me on the subject .
    Ye s ... yes we have a cap ... so ? What if you can't make that because of say a tragic illness ?

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not
    as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is no force of law
    and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.
    Property must be secured or liberty cannot exist.
    John Adams

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For all you guys that like Mitch the ***** *** don't for get that he could have stood firm and fought for us to be totally free from state government as a people here in Indiana by demanding an end to property taxes .... he didn't and that if we did it would place an unburdened on the schools ... as per his letter to me on the subject .
    Ye s ... yes we have a cap ... so ? What if you can't make that because of say a tragic illness ?

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not
    as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is no force of law
    and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.
    Property must be secured or liberty cannot exist.
    John Adams

I don't like property taxes any more than anyone else, Duncan, but the fact is that unless looking at the governor is the same thing as looking in the mirror, the person looking is not going to agree with everything the governor does. Overall, I think he's been very positive for Indiana.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom