• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Took my daughter to Marion County Fish & Game to shoot for her first time ever today. Despite that fact that the scope was loose at first and then was totally not sighted in, and that the gun is like 2x too large for her little arms she did GREAT! She got dead center on the bulls like 15 times, and spun all three iron targets multiple times! She took a break and was watching my shots from my pistol on the paper targets and laughed at me and said, "Daddy, you're hitting the dirt!". I'm already shamed by my daughter's skill at at video games, now she's going to show me up at shooting as well! LOL Good for her! That's my girl!!!

Here's 2 clips from today, she's holding the rifle all jacked up, but it works for her! If she keeps at it and wants to continue to shoot with daddy I'll spring for a youth size .22 for her. She already is asking about getting a pistol she can shoot. A small one, not a big loud one like daddy's! LOL! So I guess I'll also be in the market for a simple .22 pistol soon!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6182F6D85BFC5125

Enjoy, and please be kind and encouraging in the video comments. She's only 11, and I want her to love shooting. (you can blast me all you want in here, just please be nice to her on the video comments!)

-Xanderphillips

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lots of great guns for kids today.

I am a big fan of the CZ452 Scout, short LOP, light, bolt-action.

If you want a self-loader, try the S&W MP 15-22 with the adjusting stock. My nephews love it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Youth guns

Ruger makes a youth model 10/22. When she outgrows it you can replace the stock and barrel. The reciever is the same and factory take-offs are cheap. Of course, there's always aftermarket stocks and barrels, too.

Just another option. Good on you for getting her into shooting.

Top Bottom