• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Tried a cap full at work last night, kicked in at 3 mins, next 7 were wicked.
    Too much for a coworker, he tossed his lunch.
    Of course a Mexican coworker ate 3 times as much as we did and called it "warm".
    FWIW I knew I was screwed when I immediately got the hiccups.
    IMHO they ought to call this stuff "sex change"
    Wow.

[ame]http://youtu.be/MO6QBq0lx2Y[/ame]

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I recently tried the "worlds hottest hot sauce" in Gatlinburg last weekend. I have to say it was one of the more miserable experiences in my life.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't get it. Why would you ever put that on food if it's that excruciating? Crying, sweating, and writhing in pain is not my idea of a good lunch.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't get it. Why would you ever put that on food if it's that excruciating? Crying, sweating, and writhing in pain is not my idea of a good lunch.

Because it releases a massive rush of endorphins. For people who like teh spice-ay, it's like a drug hit.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Might be OK to use a little in a sauce, but straight up it's too wicked for me.
    Was OK to the 3 min mark, then the Gates of Hell opened.
    Has a flavor, up to the 3 min mark, then it's just a burn.
    Eh, it's just temporary discomfort, knew I'd live when the pain would drop just a super tiny bit at a swallow or drink of water...........just had to wait it out.

I like the Man Vs Food show so figured I'd take a small bit and see what it was like.

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    Sounds interesting. I like it HOT. Growing hot peppers is one of my hobbies. This last season of habenaro and jalepeno peppers are the hottest I've grown. Need an NBC suit when I crush the dried peppers! :cool:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Might be OK to use a little in a sauce, but straight up it's too wicked for me.
    Was OK to the 3 min mark, then the Gates of Hell opened.
    Has a flavor, up to the 3 min mark, then it's just a burn.
    Eh, it's just temporary discomfort, knew I'd live when the pain would drop just a super tiny bit at a swallow or drink of water...........just had to wait it out.

I like the Man Vs Food show so figured I'd take a small bit and see what it was like.

Best to cut it with a piece of bread or some milk if it get's too rough. Water just spreads the fire. It's like gasoline that way.:D

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    You really do build up a tolerance for the heat, I am originally from Texas so I grew up on hot, once jalapenos aren't hot enough you move to habanero, well once that isn't hot well gotta go somewhere. I love ghost pepper although I have to stop after a short period of time. It really does feel like you have been shot in the tongue. My favorite sauce for flavor and heat is Yucatan Sun, it is made with habanero. Good flavor and the heat builds instead of just tasting like hot vinegar, which is all I taste in some sauces.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Best to cut it with a piece of bread or some milk if it get's too rough. Water just spreads the fire. It's like gasoline that way.:D

A teaspoon of sugar will help put out the fire. Just chew on it until you coat your mouth then swallow. Don't follow with any liquid, repeat if necessary.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have some bhut jolokia seeds I want to do evil with. What the ghost pepper is called. Japalenos (this term comes from a grocery cashier) have a taste to me that I don't really like, plus they make me hiccup. I usually use serranos, all hot, no taste, but not nuclear hot.

Top Bottom