• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    A big +1 to Dave's gun shop in Holland. I recently went there to shop for a new rifle with my father. When we entered, we were greeted with a warm welcome and asked how we could be helped. Dave actually came out from the back to say hello and stated if we would like to see anything just let him or his wife know and they would be happy to help. After looking for a while, I settled on the rifle I wanted and made my way up to the cash register. Dave's wife was currently helping my dad look at a variety of different pistols nearby, so she had another employee come up to help my dad while she rang me up (rather than just leaving him standing there with no help). She updated the employee on what my dad was looking for and interested in. After the background check and check out, She informed me that the gun I purchased had a factory rebate! She found a copy of the rebate, printed me an extra receipt, and even offered to fill it out for me so I could just mail it when i got home. I politely declined because I needed to get back home but I thought that was a nice gesture! Will definitely return there. Prices were fair, helpful and friendly. +1 daves

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    A big +1 to Dave's gun shop in Holland. I recently went there to shop for a new rifle with my father. When we entered, we were greeted with a warm welcome and asked how we could be helped. Dave actually came out from the back to say hello and stated if we would like to see anything just let him or his wife know and they would be happy to help. After looking for a while, I settled on the rifle I wanted and made my way up to the cash register. Dave's wife was currently helping my dad look at a variety of different pistols nearby, so she had another employee come up to help my dad while she rang me up (rather than just leaving him standing there with no help). She updated the employee on what my dad was looking for and interested in. After the background check and check out, She informed me that the gun I purchased had a factory rebate! She found a copy of the rebate, printed me an extra receipt, and even offered to fill it out for me so I could just mail it when i got home. I politely declined because I needed to get back home but I thought that was a nice gesture! Will definitely return there. Prices were fair, helpful and friendly. +1 daves
    I second this post on Daves, I have bought several guns from Dave, one was a used Kahr 40 and it had a trigger pin work out and Dave sent it back to the factory for me and they replaced the entire lower all free. He also is good source of information, and his family is always helpful. I and all my friends shop there.
    Bill...

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County

Another +1 here....I am in Dave's 2 or 3 times a week, and it is the best shop (I think) in the region. Beats anything in Evansville.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Another Dave's fan here. They will go the extra mile if you ever have an issue with a gun purchased there. Super nice folks, great shop all around.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Another +1 here....I am in Dave's 2 or 3 times a week, and it is the best shop (I think) in the region. Beats anything in Evansville.

You're not joking. Anytime I go shopping, I make the drive to Holland from Evansville. It's worth the gas in my opinion. I will shop in the Evansville gun stores too, but Dave's seems to be the store that gets my money more often than not. They should, they earn it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Count me as a satisfied Dave's customer. I've bought several guns from them. I live between just south of Loogootee so it is a good drive for me as well but it has been worth it every time.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I am trying for the furthest away award :D

I drove down to Dave's from just south of Bloomington, about an hour and a half +/- and it was certainly worth the drive!

Great people, friendly, helpful, and a HUGE inventory with really good prices on ammo and firearms!
    I had been looking for a Glock G20SF I called them and the lady said they had just got one in, so off I went.

I had only found a couple in other shops and Dave's was at least 50-75 dollars less than any shop, they were 110 bucks less than Cosner's in Bedford, no big shock there.

BIG +1 for Dave's I will go back!

kelsie117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    winslow
    Okay let me start off by saying this is my new gun shop. I love it here! I've been hesitant to go in because my dad had a bad following out with the owner. But I went in there today and they was very nice. I should have realized to not to listen to my dad cause he said the Mosin nagant was junk. Shouldn't known lol. They have great inventory an good prices.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Dave's was at least 50-75 dollars less than any shop, they were 110 bucks less than Cosner's in Bedford, no big shock there.

BIG +1 for Dave's I will go back!

I hear you loud and clear!!! Bought my first gun from cosner's "Like new" for $495 and change.

8 days later wondered into dave's for the first time and found the same gun, BRAND NEW for $429

Dave's shop location is a love/hate situation. :):

I hate the fact he is 40+ miles from me.
    But love the fact he is 40+ miles from me so he doesn't bankrupt me with all his stock and awesome prices and customer service. :yesway:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was in there just today. I stopped in on my way back home with my son. Wanted to look at a few EOTech's, but they only had 2 in stock.

Looks like they added on since the last time I stopped it..

AmpersandMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Jasper, IN
    Ruger SR 1911 from Daves

I got my very first gun from Daves Gun Shop. He got in the Ruger SR 1911 on a Wednesday special and I hopped right on it. I was going to get a really expensive one, but at the price and the features on the Ruger model, I couldn't pass it up. Dave was extremely busy that day but was very helpful with me as well.

He pointed me to all the tools I might need, holsters, lock box, and other items. I'll never forget the day I finally got to take it home. He opened the box and said, "there's the bad boy right there" and my eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. He just laughed and attended to another customer. Cool guy!

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    stopped in there sunday got a scope some bullets and primers and man they've really expanded since the last time i was there

R.G.Gray

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    I've bought several guns from Dave's and have never been disapointed.
    Great prices and equally great service. It's what a LGS should be.

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    Ditto on Dave's Gun shop! Great place to buy! Also, Dave has got his Wednesday Wonder Deal going again. Check it out davesgunshop@psci.net.
    'First time post here. Great site!
    Update. Did not see the Wednesday Wonderdeal this past week. Must not be up and running all the way yet.
    Sorry

Last edited:

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    Once again, another good experience at Dave's. I've been looking for a s&w 638 and after checking out the other gunshops in the area, I decided to make a stop at Dave's.Sure enough, he had one in the case! Better price and I didn't have to order it or settle for a 637. Fast, friendly and a great price. Also had everything else I needed.
    A+

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Used prices at Dave's are attractive but having called to price new gun's it was easy to find them considerably cheaper elsewhere. I can't hold it against him for wanting to make a profit though.

A $50.00 transfer fee is a bit out there!

Top Bottom