• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Who cares? :dunno:
    I know you're kind of trolling here, but it does actually matter. Circadian rhythm is a thing. The impact of sunlight/full-spectrum overhead light on the body's serotonin production is real. Producing serotonin earlier in the day leads to proper production of melatonin later in the day. Proper production of melatonin leads to proper sleep hygiene.

As a corollary, sunlight/full-spectrum overhead light (whether from a later sunset or from indoor and/or device screen blue light) suppresses melatonin production.

Not seeing sunlight until 8:30AM is bad for your health.
    Seeing sunlight at 9:00PM is bad for your health.

So, those of us who understand the body's Circadian rhythm and try to align our lifestyle accordingly do care.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know you're kind of trolling here, but it does actually matter. Circadian rhythm is a thing. The impact of sunlight/full-spectrum overhead light on the body's serotonin production is real. Producing serotonin earlier in the day leads to proper production of melatonin later in the day. Proper production of melatonin leads to proper sleep hygiene.

As a corollary, sunlight/full-spectrum overhead light (whether from a later sunset or from indoor and/or device screen blue light) suppresses melatonin production.

So, those of us who understand the body's Circadian rhythm and try to align our lifestyle accordingly do care.
    You’re welcome to keep your clocks where you prefer. But in terms of real health impact, you need a study to drtect the infinitesimal difference an hour makes?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I hope all the buttercups survive this trauma.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Which is a reason to move back in the fall.

Happens a few day at peak summer sunlight.

It is real, but so is the fact that humans adapt very quickly and live in highly varied areas of natural light.
    I never claimed that there weren't other mitigation strategies. Rather, I was responding to the dismissive "who cares?" comment to the reference to sunrise today being an hour later than it was yesterday.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You’re welcome to keep your clocks where you prefer. But in terms of real health impact, you need a study to drtect the infinitesimal difference an hour makes?
    "Infinitesimal"? How is an hour of sunlight, at a time of year in which there are just shy of 12 hours of sunlight - i.e. 8.3% of the total daily sunlight - "infinitesimal"?

An hour can make the difference between receiving, or not receiving, sunlight before work at all, when sunrise shifts from 7:00 to 8:00.

And, yes: that has real, observable health impact.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the health angle of sleep rhythm is overstated.
    I never claimed that there weren't other mitigation strategies. Rather, I was responding to the dismissive "who cares?" comment to the reference to sunrise today being an hour later than it was yesterday.
    Science has shown that not giving a **** about trivial matters improves health infinitesimally. Everyone is allotted a finite number of ****s they can give in a lifetime. Spend them wisely.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think the health angle of sleep rhythm is overstated.

Science has shown that not giving a **** about trivial matters improves health infinitesimally. Everyone is allotted a finite number of ****s they can give in a lifetime. Spend them wisely.
    You're being awfully presumptuous, perhaps condescendingly so, regarding what constitutes a "trivial" matter.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom