• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What about us early risers that would prefer to have it get light at around 5:30 a.m.? I go to bed around 8 p.m.. I don't get any of the "benefit" of it staying light longer. I feel like it's almost lunch time by the time it gets light enough to work out in the yard. :):
    Well **** you people. Because “the majority want at least a little daylight after the normal workday, they do not want to go home in full darkness at 5:00pm.” Majority rulz. You lose.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    In large part having to reset my clocks twice a year is no big deal. However, as a sportsman racer I hate it on the weekends through the spring and summer. Since it gets dark much later it means it stays hotter when race time rolls around. I preferred the earlier sunset so temps started cooling off and the lights would come on. Racing just looks better under the lights when you can see all the sparks and header flames etc. But it's way beyond my control so I just deal with it

It doesn't help the track operator either, trust me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The majority want at least a little daylight after the normal workday, they do not want to go home in full darkness at 5:00pm.

Pretty simple...

MM

You obviously find this claim to be compelling for some reason as you keep returning to it, but without some benefit to consider, it's simply irrelevant.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have a solution. Flex time. For everyone. Go to work shen you. Want. Send the brats to school when you want. Especially on date night. I mean. They’re in school. Who gives a **** whether it’s light or dark outside.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There are just two choices evidenced by the December/January sunrise and sunset times, EST 7am sunrise and 4:30pm sunset or EDST 8am sunrise and 5:30 sunset. The majority want the latter.

MM
    You are talking about a small area. Those of us up in NWI have those times about an hour earlier than that. DST is stupid where ever you are. If someone wants more daylight early or later they should adjust their schedule. Why make everyone adjust their schedules?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are just two choices evidenced by the December/January sunrise and sunset times, EST 7am sunrise and 4:30pm sunset or EDST 8am sunrise and 5:30 sunset. The majority want the latter.

MM

The majority want at least a little daylight after the normal workday, they do not want to go home in full darkness at 5:00pm.

Pretty simple...

MM

So you want reality to conform to your desires; and rather than changing your employer's work schedule to do that, you'd rather force everyone to conform to the schedule that works for you. You happily accomplish that by government fiat, but you're against big government, too I assume

I've heard you can emigrate to the arctic circle, they have a really extreme version of 'daylight savings'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are talking about a small area. Those of us up in NWI have those times about an hour earlier than that. DST is stupid where ever you are. If someone wants more daylight early or later they should adjust their schedule. Why make everyone adjust their schedules?
    Please use the word “retarded”. It’s for the cause. It’s like open carry. You keep your rights by using them. But like open cary, just be responsible with your rights.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well **** you people. Because “the majority want at least a little daylight after the normal workday, they do not want to go home in full darkness at 5:00pm.” Majority rulz. You lose.

You obviously find this claim to be compelling for some reason as you keep returning to it, but without some benefit to consider, it's simply irrelevant.

So you want reality to conform to your desires; and rather than changing your employer's work schedule to do that, you'd rather force everyone to conform to the schedule that works for you. You happily accomplish that by government fiat, but you're against big government, too I assume

I've heard you can emigrate to the arctic circle, they have a really extreme version of 'daylight savings'

The management of time is an appropriate government function, as an interconnected society needs a shared system to efficiently connect the timing of the all the parts and people. Many of the comments in this thread show either a lack of knowledge about the importance of time management and its history or respect for it. That the people want time to be well managed and have chosen representatives to manage it is the answer. We could go back to the period before the railroads when there was little time management, but I believe we are better off with it as a society.

No no one is forcing you to do anything concerning time. No SWAT team will show up, bust down your door, and check your clocks. No one really cares what you do or on what time scheme you do it on, but if you want to participate with the rest of society you are welcome to join us...

MM

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The management of time is an appropriate government function, as an interconnected society needs a shared system to efficiently connect the timing of the all the parts and people. Many of the comments in this thread show either a lack of knowledge about the importance of time management and its history or respect for it. That the people want time to be well managed and have chosen representatives to manage it is the answer. We could go back to the period before the railroads when there was little time management, but I believe we are better off with it as a society.

No no one is forcing you to do anything concerning time. No SWAT team will show up, bust down your door, and check your clocks. No one really cares what you do or on what time scheme you do it on, but if you want to participate with the rest of society you are welcome to join us...

MM
    I’ll manage my own time, thank you. Like I said, keeping time the same way as everyone else is reasonable. If the rest of the country is on dst, it’s reasonable to have changed it. But that doesn’t justify the existence of dst in the first place.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    funny-project-management-quotes-2.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

What the heck do you mean "small area". My numbers apply within a couple of minutes to all of Indiana except CTZ. Under DST your late December sunrise is about 7:15am and sunset at 4:30pm, your summer sunrise is about 5:15am and sunset is 8:30pm. Without DST your summer would be 4:15am and 7:30pm I do not know many who want that. Due to the fact there is a line where one time zone ends and another begins and we just happen to live at that demarcation line we have different issues with time so we do the best we can.

DST is all about trying to adjust time to the daylight in order to use that daylight as efficiently as possible. If any of you have a better system, publish it for the good of all.

MM

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or, we’re only on standard time for a few months. It’s dark morning and evening anyway. Just make the standard time what dst is now and to hell with those weird “morning people” who think sunrise should be before noon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What the heck do you mean "small area". My numbers apply within a couple of minutes to all of Indiana except CTZ. Under DST your late December sunrise is about 7:15am and sunset at 4:30pm, your summer sunrise is about 5:15am and sunset is 8:30pm. Without DST your summer would be 4:15am and 7:30pm I do not know many who want that. Due to the fact there is a line where one time zone ends and another begins and we just happen to live at that demarcation line we have different issues with time so we do the best we can.

DST is all about trying to adjust time to the daylight in order to use that daylight as efficiently as possible. If any of you have a better system, publish it for the good of all.

MM

giphy.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Or, we’re only on standard time for a few months. It’s dark morning and evening anyway. Just make the standard time what dst is now and to hell with those weird “morning people” who think sunrise should be before noon.

Sunrise at 4:15 would be awesome. It would give me a whole hour to drink my coffee and then I could start being productive. :)

Top Bottom