• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Word out of DC right now is that under counsel of the AG, Chief Lanier has instructed the D.C. police force that the only gun possession arrests allowable in the District are for residents of D.C. carrying unregistered firearms, or people Federally prohibited from possessing firearms. Everyone else is in the clear, as of NOW.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I literally got WAY to excited over this. Needless to say I was overjoyed. Evidently all states permits are recognized.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    :n00b: Either I've died or hell has frozen over. This seems WAY TOO GOOD to be true.

Also, are the residents screwed as usual or can they carry now?

They can carry as long as the carry weapon is registered with the DC police. If it's registered to you, and you aren't federally prohibited from owning firearms, you're GTG apparently.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    They can carry as long as the carry weapon is registered with the DC police. If it's registered to you, and you aren't federally prohibited from owning firearms, you're GTG apparently.
    I honestly never thought i'd see this happen. I'm feeling rather suspicious.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I realy want to to take some vacation time and drive to DC so I can take a selfie in front of the White House open carrying my Glock 17 with a 33 round mag sticking out of it :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Here is a different take on 5 his ruling

Washington State Gun Nut Persuades New York Judge to Dismiss DC Gun Law

The comments are especially enlightening?

How out of touch with reality do you have to be to say this:
    Communities with minimal gun safety laws and more guns have higher incidents of gun related homicides.

..in an article about DC, a place with the most restrictive of gun laws, as well as a sky high murder rate?

house+facepalm.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    So...are convictions like this one going to be overturned? : Replica bullets, dud shell earn weapons conviction for former Washington man | Fox News

and...does it give strength to defense cases like this one? : Single Mom Facing Three Years in Prison for Not Knowing Gun Laws | Montana Hunting and Fishing

moreover, what of states that reciprocate no other states (e.g. Illinois, NE coast, etc.)? Can they be forced to re-think zero reciprocation?

As long as the, rightful, decision that it was unconstitutional holds up they would have to overturn them on appeal in my opinion.

Top Bottom