• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    According to NRA News: Cam & Co. (Sponsored by Nosler)'s first comments this afternoon, there's been a 90 stay (until Oct. 22) of the ruling for the D.C. City Council to pull their heads outta their posteriors and write a public carry statute that can pass Constitutional muster.

Who wants to bet me Oct. 22 will come and go and there will be no vote on a licensing scheme whatsoever?

WHAMM!!!! The open door of freedom slams shut.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

“The issue of carry is very complicated,” he said. “If the prudent thing to do is to open up our carry laws then we’re confronted with a host of questions” that include “defining who would be disqualified and looking at whether there are events or areas where carry permits would not be allowed.”

Read more: Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Wow. It's a good thing we don't have 50 states from which to draw answers to these questions.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    So 90 more days of unconstitutional law is okay? I would think the default would be in favor of no stay while DC cobbles a new law. They should contact the Chicago city council, they could probably come up with a doozy for them...

I'm guessing it will be concealed carry mandatory, and no carry on any federal property or private posted area. Throw in a 1000 ft. radius around fed properties and schools.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Oh sure you can carry, But it's gonna cost ya xx dollars for a license, they ain't free.
    Oh sure you can carry, but you need to take classes for xxx hours first before we can issue you your license and no we don't know of any free classes either.
    Oh sure you can carry with a license but not everyone can get one.
    Oh sure you can carry with that license but we can take that away whenever we want.
    Oh sure you can carry, just don't let anyone see it , it has to be hidden away.
    Oh sure you can carry, just don't try it on Federal Land or Buildings.
    Oh sure you can carry, just not in, on or around a school.

"RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

I just don't understand how ANY of that passes constitutional muster, anywhere, at any time.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So 90 more days of unconstitutional law is okay? I would think the default would be in favor of no stay while DC cobbles a new law. They should contact the Chicago city council, they could probably come up with a doozy for them...

I'm guessing it will be concealed carry mandatory, and no carry on any federal property or private posted area. Throw in a 1000 ft. radius around fed properties and schools.

Think about it. This is Washington DC. Here's my prediction: 90 days of appeal and working the appeal process with zero work on any sort of compliance to the ruling. When the 90 days are up, and there are no regulations or licensing scheme in place to comply, they'll seek and receive another stay while the appeal process continues....and continues...and continues...

Remember how we got here - a court case over 5 years waiting on a ruling.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a friend who has ridden in every Rolling Thunder in DC for years. He's a VN Vet and always carries, even on his bike in DC. He was talking to police officer in the district who told him he loved it when RT came to town because the police and criminals both knew that a couple thousand armed citizens had just showed up. He said the criminal would hide until they were gone.

But as we all know, gun control isn't about safety or crime prevention; it's about control.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have a friend who has ridden in every Rolling Thunder in DC for years. He's a VN Vet and always carries, even on his bike in DC. He was talking to police officer in the district who told him he loved it when RT came to town because the police and criminals both knew that a couple thousand armed citizens had just showed up. He said the criminal would hide until they were gone.

But as we all know, gun control isn't about safety or crime prevention; it's about control.

Indeed so. One simple truth that is generally not even considered by the sheep and usually denied by those who have it brought to their attention, is that gun control taken in its true context is about keeping rope burns off of necks that need them and would make this point manifest as soon as a time may come in which there is no bottom line check on their excesses. We have a government full of instant tyrants, just add opportunity. The sheep, meanwhile, are fixated on the 'justification' given for it and therefore are preoccupied with the notion that it is all about protected them from bogeymen.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Not good at all, but a stay is not the same thing as an overturn. It only means they have 90 days to implement carry laws, and they will likely have the worst laws in the country.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm just surprised the plaintiffs agreed with this. The judge only issued the stay after consulting with both the plaintiffs and the defendants and getting agreement. I'm surf there is a reason, but I wish Guru would explain why a 90 day stay was considered acceptable to the plaintiffs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm just surprised the plaintiffs agreed with this. The judge only issued the stay after consulting with both the plaintiffs and the defendants and getting agreement. I'm surf there is a reason, but I wish Guru would explain why a 90 day stay was considered acceptable to the plaintiffs.

So he could say he/pro-gunners are reasonable. When they exceed it, then he can point out they had been given plenty of time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    “The issue of carry is very complicated,” he said. “If the prudent thing to do is to open up our carry laws then we’re confronted with a host of questions” that include “defining who would be disqualified and looking at whether there are events or areas where carry permits would not be allowed.”

Read more: Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Wow. It's a good thing we don't have 50 states from which to draw answers to these questions.

Everyone always acts like they are the test case.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I'm skeptical when you got cops in DC going out of their way to go after a guy with a dud shotshell and muzzleloading bullets.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The stay was obviously required because blood was already pouring into the streets..........................

Blood has been pouring in the streets of DC long before this ruling. We have had 4 shootings just OUTSIDE of the building where I work, and I had a friend murdered back in April, just 5 blocks from here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Blood has been pouring in the streets of DC long before this ruling. We have had 4 shootings just OUTSIDE of the building where I work, and I had a friend murdered back in April, just 5 blocks from here.

Must have been that evil gun that did it, not the thug standing behind it.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Given that even w/ home rule - I believe their is some level of congresional control; and of course - each states' AG can contact the District's AG / Council (hopefully they are listening) ...

I am going to try and write to our AG and Fed. Reps' to urge full reciprocity. - it afterall is OUR capital; home of our 'Freedom' (yeah some sarcasm sadly). Why not put added pressure to them. prob write something this weekend.

Top Bottom