DC Police Chief Changes Tone; Citizens Should Be Prepared For Active Shooters An

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    BREAKING: DC Police Chief Changes Tone; Citizens Should Be Prepared For Active Shooters And Terrorist Attacks | Concealed Nation

BREAKING: DC Police Chief Changes Tone; Citizens Should Be Prepared For Active Shooters And Terrorist Attacks

In an upcoming interview with 60 minutes that will air Sunday night, Lanier sits down with Anderson Cooper to discuss these topics and how things are changing in policy and in our world as a whole.
    “Your options are run, hide, or fight,” says Lanier. “If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out, it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there,” she tells Cooper.
    She goes on to say, “The fact of the matter is, most active shooters kill most of their victims in 10 minutes or less, and the best police department in the country is going to be about a 5-7 minute response. I always say if you can get out, getting out is your best option. If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down… to take the gunman out, it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there.”

That's strange for her to say, given her stance on concealed carry.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    She does not mean for you to use a firearm.

No way a puppet of the Left such as the D.C. Chief of Police says to carry a gun and shoot the threat.

You beat me to it Kirk. I for one am not buying this.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    MPD chief Cathy Lanier changes her stance ? That's laughable....
    As of the end of this October DC has issued about 47 carry permits.
    If she really felt this way she would have already eliminated the permit backlog, of the 300 or so waiting, and if that happened thousands of citizens will apply. The process of getting a permit in MD and DC is expensive, ardious and you will have limits on where and when you are allowed to carry.
    To most citizens the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I believe the number of carry permits she has issued, is 67.

My bad. Didn't see above post. And my memory is off.

67? Real impressive. That's 3 more than my neighborhood.

Hendricks County had 467 Lifetime LTCH plus 22 Lifetime LTCH after having a 4 year license (1 was my wife) and another 75 4 year LTCH issued from July-September 2015. I wonder where you'd feel safer?? Hhhmmmm, I wonder,

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/ISP_Firearms_Licensing_Statistics_2015_3rd_Quarter.pdf

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    She does not mean for you to use a firearm.

No way a puppet of the Left such as the D.C. Chief of Police says to carry a gun and shoot the threat.

She probably is thinking people should throw their iPhones at the perpetrator to try to take him out... Lanier has been a pin-up girl for the anti-gun leftists and has done EVERYTHING in her power to prevent DC residents from having any LEGAL way to own or carry a firearm!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    According to Emily Miller, the number is actually only 45. And Miller says she's still the only woman to receive one.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It truly doesn't make any difference, but I believe that information is from the first week or so of September.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    "If you're in a position to take the terrorist out, please do so....and we will reduce the charge against you from Murder 1 to Manslaughter. The community will thank you as you serve your time."

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I remember some liberal tips that might help -

The victim just needs to tell the terrorist that they have a disease or they're menstruating.
    And if that doesn't work, to vomit or urinate on themselves to make them less attractive.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just wanna know how much she spent on that dress blouse with all the ribbons and brass on it. She looks like an Air Force recruiter.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    67? Real impressive. That's 3 more than my neighborhood.

Hendricks County had 467 Lifetime LTCH plus 22 Lifetime LTCH after having a 4 year license (1 was my wife) and another 75 4 year LTCH issued from July-September 2015. I wonder where you'd feel safer?? Hhhmmmm, I wonder,

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/ISP_Firearms_Licensing_Statistics_2015_3rd_Quarter.pdf

In the first half of this year IN issued just over 39,000 statewide. Just under if you take off the hunting/target.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've heard that coffee mugs hurled at an AK-wielding gunman are an effective weapon. Well, if you're Nolan freakin' Ryan they are.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe she is talking to all of the illegally armed gang bangers of D.C.?

Time for them to step up and turn their life around.

Top Bottom