• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Great video! Its nice to see some actual "real world" tests that are more complex than simply using a dunk tank.

I think the video says just as much about Aimpoint as it does Daniel Defense. Even at the end when it looses zero I wonder if it isn't because of the mount and not the actual unit.

Good find!

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    No you didn't. ;)

Hah thank you sir!

Great video! Its nice to see some actual "real world" tests that are more complex than simply using a dunk tank.

I think the video says just as much about Aimpoint as it does Daniel Defense. Even at the end when it looses zero I wonder if it isn't because of the mount and not the actual unit.

Good find!

Thanks I am glad you enjoyed the video as well!

That's a great point regarding the Aimpoint. I was probably even more impressed/surprised with that aspect of the video.

I think you are on to something regarding the mount.

I was looking into picking up an Aimpoint for my DD prior to watching this video, and now I think I'm sold. :)

The nice thing about the LaRue mount, as opposed to the DD, is that it is a QD mount: Aimpoint Comp M3 w/ LaRue Tactical Mount (STANDARD MOUNT SHOWN)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Everytime I see a DDM4, my pants get a lil tighter. I think out of the box, they are un-matched (sorry colt fans)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think out of the box, they are un-matched (sorry colt fans)

Although I think there are similar options available for slightly less money, they've really put out some nice guns and accessories in the past several years. I've now owned 2 of their rail systems and have been extremely impressed.

Their 10.3" cold hammer forged barrels have gotten a lot of attention lately too.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks! If you don't mind my asking, which version do you have? Carbine/Mid Length?

I'm no Fenway, but I can tell you that he's got the same variant that was featured in the video (carbine length with extended rail).

piccyfix1243873671paint.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._finished_nash_gunwerks_before_and_after.html

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I'm no Fenway, but I can tell you that he's got the same variant that was featured in the video (carbine length with extended rail).

piccyfix1243873671paint.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._finished_nash_gunwerks_before_and_after.html

Wow that's a nice setup. I'm really liking that "cammo dusting" paint job too. Thanks for the link sir.

That would be the DA-2000, which has since been renamed the DDM4V1.

The DDM4V1 appears to be DD's top flight, bread and butter carbine. If I hadn't have gone with the middy DDM4V3, I would have gone with this.

Thanks again Shooter521 for helping me out with my selection a while back. It has treated me well thus far. :yesway:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have a DD gun they made custom for me, I love it.

Its interesting to see Josh Massey on video, I have spent a lot of time on the phone with him.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That was impressive. However, I do not see the average citizen putting it through 1/4 of what they did. For our Armed Forces, I defiantly see a use for it.

Top Bottom