• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    The X owes me over $25,000 in back "support". I find it interesting that he has no money but he can get body piercings, smoke brand name cigs, and travel out of state. He complains about having to pay $77 a week. I haven't had it adjusted since it was first ordered over 10 years ago. What more can they do? He has no license but still drives, "works" under the table, and tells anyone who will listen how terrible I am because I moved 2 hours away and he can't spend time with his son. He has never visited or taken the boy even down the street for a Coke! I have zero faith in the "system", and it is so sad when someone who is trying to do right gets screwed. I have never relied on "support" because I don't get it regularly, so when I do get a payment it's like a bonus. The things this child has endured because the SD chose not to be involved is messed up. Kids made fun of him at school because he didn't have a dad- how messed up is that? And I'm supposed to feel sorry because the POS has to smoke roll-your-owns?

Sorry for the rant.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    As for "overvisiting", he is either complying with the visitation or not. Not returning the child on time can cleverly be called "overvisiting", but it's violation of the custody order plain and simple and interference with the mother's custody.

Doesn't sound like a need for jail to me, but how many times had this "over-visiting" occurred? Had he been warned about it? How many times? There's history here.

...but I applaud the clever use of language by the attorney and advocates involved. Kudos.
    ^^^THIS^^^ There are those who are amazing at spinning stupid **** like this. I've had to call the police due to "over-visiting" when the kids were HOURS late being returned, only to have them dropped off well after dark by relatives who they weren't supposed to be with. The system could only take a report. I have had to make arrangements with the daycare because I couldn't pay my expenses and his (I was the idiot trusting wifey and his car was in my name) so the director of the daycare posted a payment the ex made for the girlfriend's kid to my kiddos account to clue me in on what was really happening. Yep, things aren't always as they seem. Congrats to the spin doctor on a great work of fiction. Not sure I care to get the real story. [end rant]

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You post, Sir, is why I am thankful they brought back negative rep.

Is he wrong? It's not like "responsible" people become magically irresponsible. Typically, one would know a deadbeat before he ever had the chance to be a "deadbeat." That's not placing blame, because many women get caught up thinking they can "change" a person. Noble idea, but in practice, it rarely happens.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is he wrong? It's not like "responsible" people become magically irresponsible. Typically, one would know a deadbeat before he ever had the chance to be a "deadbeat." That's not placing blame, because many women get caught up thinking they can "change" a person. Noble idea, but in practice, it rarely happens.

Many women like their bad boys.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My ex was fairly normal the first few years we were together, but steadily declined. She's been advised by doctors she should be on medication to "take the edge off", but she never has taken anything, and gets crazier by the day.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    As for "overvisiting", he is either complying with the visitation or not. Not returning the child on time can cleverly be called "overvisiting", but it's violation of the custody order plain and simple and interference with the mother's custody.

Doesn't sound like a need for jail to me, but how many times had this "over-visiting" occurred? Had he been warned about it? How many times? There's history here.

...but I applaud the clever use of language by the attorney and advocates involved. Kudos.

In my case, I have "over-visited" as well. Their mother lives 20 minutes away in another county, but my kids go to school where I live, as per the court order. She tells them to ride the bus to my house after school, with no plan of picking them up and taking them to her house. Guess where they stay the night.

Yes, the system is completely screwed up! My wifes ex husband owed over $25,000 in back child support, never made any attempt what-so-ever to pay, and the prosecutors office would do NOTHING to get anything out of him . Me? I have a job, have for the last 30 years, I pay my child support every other week, as ordered, never missed a payment, never been behind, but all the ex needs to do is head down to the slimy bastard prosecutor and he's on my ass like there's no tomorrow. Fortunately I have a great attorney, and have never been burned by these useless human beings, but I can easily see how someone could be. The system would do everyone a favor if it just didn't exist.

Top Bottom