• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Poor quality,fit,finish,anything blued or wood,off brand,company rep,parts availability,holster availability

I wouldn't buy someone's Frankin AR build or a gun that has any mods to it.

I know lots of deal breakers for me and I only listed some. Its quality not quantity for me.

If a rifle cant shoot an MOA or better its gone or if a pistol has a light primer strike or fails in any other way its gone. Pistol also has to shoot accurately. Should have holes touching at ten yards and ring the gong at 150.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Any handgun with a Ron Cohen Rainbow Brite colour scheme. Any handgun featuring a Ron Cohen Krav Maga action pose. Any handgun that Ron Cohen could have had the opportunity to breath on.

Pretty much any handgun for me then, but a Ron Cohen handgun.:D

What?!?! You don't like the P238 Rainbow? Or the 1911 Zombie Edition? Those are such timeless classics :laugh:

I'll bet you dont even have Zombie Max ammo in your house!! Pfft!!!

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    loaded chamber indicators depending on the gun (ruger specifically) on their sr series those drive me nuts now the ones on the xd series do not bother me

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a loaded chamber indicator on my Shield and my M&P. They are not really even noticeable. Just a hole in the barrel so you can visually check for brass. Heck, even my RO has one.

Not sure why they would be a deal breaker though several have listed it as such.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It depends on how the loaded chamber indicator is done. Some are better than others and some are a PITA. Glock's slightly raised extractor is fine by me but I did not care for the LCI on my CZ 97B.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    After shooting a Ruger LC380 today, I'd say that gun would be a deal breaker.

It has a mag disconnect, external safety, and a loaded chamber indicator that Evil Kenevil could have used as a ramp to jump Snake River Canyon.

Add in the fact that it's DA only, has a ton of recoil, is a sub par caliber and multiple feed issues and you've got a stinker of a self defense gun. I'm not sure how anyone could carry that thing.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Any handgun with a Ron Cohen Rainbow Brite colour scheme. Any handgun featuring a Ron Cohen Krav Maga action pose. Any handgun that Ron Cohen could have had the opportunity to breath on.

Pretty much any handgun for me then, but a Ron Cohen handgun.:D

wow, thats a lot of hate for sig sauer?, kirk eat a snickers, you turn into a diva when your hungry!:D

quite honestly the only gun i hate with a burning passion is the phoenix hp22, if you need 3 safety's on a gun, i think you need to let "darwin" take it's course! i mean come on, if we have to put labels on bleach that say"do not drink" i think we are "supporting" the soultion, rather than the cause!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Internal safeties like the post lock Smith's are complete no goes for me. I will not own any of that lawyer BS.

Mag disconnects are also no goes. I won't own a gun with one.

Everything else is negotiable.

Tester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Deal breakers for me would be any firearm built or modded by someone who obviously did NOT know what they're doing g. JB welds gone wrong and so on.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Considering how many years it took the human race to evolve and create and perfect chrome moly tool steel the idea of making a gun from plastic seems - childish.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    I don't care for anything refinished. I love to see the honest wear on some of my vintage firearms. It adds character.
    Worst of all, it indicates to me that the piece was so bad, someone had to start over and cover it up. The price after a refinish is usually 50% less. I don't believe it pays to refinish a beat up gun unless it was not saleable and you had to cover up damage.
    Lost

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    1. Seller is a tool.
    2. Price is unrealistic for the value of the gun.
    3. Non-Removable magazine disconnect.
    4. Uncomfortable in the hand. (With all the options out there, get something that fits you.)
    5. I want to say customizations, but I am ok with some. A good stipple job is no hinderance but a bad duracoat/cerakote/paint job might be. Non-Proffessional trigger work done by random Joe in his shed not a plus.
    6. DAO
    7. Not in the caliber selection I've chosen for my collection.

Top Bottom