• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No compromise, I don't care if they want to legalize machineguns.

There WILL be a price to pay, and it's going to be a got-cha.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So we get to carry everywhere but we will have to (eventually) register our guns. We carry a few years until they take our registered weapons away. No thanks.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    I am against the amendment for the simple reason it hands over more of our state's power to the federal government. But also note that the amendment states the gun owner must have been granted the permit within the past five years. So the reciprocity would not apply if you have an Indiana lifetime carry permit older than five years.

erictorp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    I went to demandaction.org (anti-gun site), and it said nothing about national reciprocity, it clarifies that locked and unloaded guns can be carried across state lines. It also says this, which I don't understand:

It is a felony for a private seller to transfer a gun to a person federally prohibited from buying guns or to a law enforcement officer without a background check. Failure to comply with the background check requirement for sales to other buyers is a misdemeanor

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's a shiney thing, meant only to focus attention away from an otherwise dismal offering. I'm actually surprised that Fox is carrying water on this.

I think the whole gun control thing is meant to take our attention off of what is going on with Obamacare. It is turning out to be an even bigger mess than the pessimists predicted.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The article is just plain wrong. There has never been a reciprocity bill or amendment that "Trumped State Law". Never. They have always said your permit would be subject to each state's laws. In other words, since Illinois has no permit you still would not be allowed to carry in Illinois. Why can't ANY news organization EVER get the facts right?

That said - trading freedoms is always a bad idea. National Reciprocity will happen some day and we shouldn't have to trade freedom to get it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Don't listen to these lies. Don't bend for whatever they offer. They'll bait and switch and take it away. Don't fall for the shiny object.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It appears as if this UBC thing is gonna happen. I don't like it and I don't want it to. But there's way too many good, pro-2A folks out there don't think you calling a 1-800 number to make sure you're not selling your gun to a manic is an infringement. They just don't. Now, don't bother telling them all the gory details, the loop holes, the slippery-slope-what-ifs, etc. they just don't think it'll be "all that bad". And some form of UBC is going to pass whether any "good stuff" gets amended to it or not. So, knowing there's gonna be a big, bitter pill to swallow, we might as well try to get some stuff added to make it go down a little easier.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    If this somehow passes the house... I will not comply plain and simple. And I believe there are plenty of State Sheriff's who have already said they will not enforce any more infringments. However I still will not comply.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010