• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would love for more and more people to start carrying AK products. Everyone has AR stuff, but AK stuff is still hard to find in a store.

BUT, my question for you is how are you selling? is this mostly mail order? Since its out of your home I'm assuming thats the case.

For mail order, I think AK stuff would be good. For an actual retail area, unless there are a lot of AK people around you, I don't think you would sell much to guys coming in, but thats just my opinion.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Duh...22 ammos if you can find any.

$420,000 for the year in sales is not too shabby.

The latest and greatest mall ninja products seems to be your bread and butter. I would hit the Shot Show in Vegas next month and see what is new and stock that. GL

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Listen to your customers.

Cheap idea: Buy a cheap notebook specifically for "Requested Items" (or similar title). When a customer asks if you have an item that you don't, write it down, right then. If you notice multiple requests for an item, you know that's something you should be stocking, and will sell because customers have already asked for it.

If you keep a database (written list, computer file, whatever) of customers with names, addresses, e-mails, etc. it's then easy to contact those folks and let them know you now carry that item. If they've already bought elsewhere, well... that's a 'cost of doing business'. But it's likely at least one or two haven't bought the item yet and you'll garner additional sales and a repeat customer.

This also conveys to your customers that you really do appreciate their business and are trying to serve them as best you can. So, as well as being a point of possible additional sales, it's an invaluable 'good will PR' gesture for the customers.

If you're only selling rifle accessories, as noted the AR and AK platforms are the easiest to turn over. For shotguns, the Remington 870 and Mossberg 500. For handguns, 1911 clones, Glocks, XD's, and M&P's may be the best bets.

Stay with 'top notch' manufacturers, like Magpul. Other manufacturers may be cheaper, but in my experience, gun owners looking for aftermarket items typically are wanting to upgrade, and seeking top quality products rather than the multitude of 'garbage' that's available elsewhere.

Just some thoughts.

Top Bottom