• ...and so much more!
  • Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    Hello. I am noticing that PK Arms is posting ads In the classified section. I feel this used be against the rules and hopefully still is. If dealers are allowed to post in the classifieds then it will ruin the classified section. Right now the classifieds are a great way for members to buy/sell/trade their used firearms and firearms related items without having to wade through tons of dealer ads for new weapons. PK has recently posted 10 different ads. If other dealers follow then the ads will all be for new firearms that probably will all have roughly the same price (give or take $20). Now multiply this by many other dealers Posting the same number of ads. This will make the classifieds useless for most members. I know I will stop looking at them if this is allowed.

I think some members may want to see these dealer ads so maybe create a separate area for site supporting dealers to post In the INGO Advertisers section that already exists.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m still the newest mod here but by my reading, it’s allowed if they’re paid advertisers. I just saw a PK ad banner so I’m thinking they’re good to go.

1697803185947.png

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    That is sad and disappointing. I have been a long time supporter of this site and really hope the administration reviews this and takes my suggestion seriously. Other dealers are going to follow and the classifieds will become all dealer ads. I feel there is a place for these type of ads but not in the general classifieds. They should be in the advertisers section. Please consider creating a separate section for them as suggested above.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm an advertiser so I'll chime in. I make it a point to only post an add once in a while in the classifieds, and keep my sales to my advertiser section.

I do sell often in the classifieds, but try not to choke the pages with multiple listings. On the NFA section, it's unavoidable since the volume of posts is minimal. Nothing against PK at all, but I agree with the OP's premise (although not his solution) on this one.

Last edited:

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    That is sad and disappointing. I have been a long time supporter of this site and really hope the administration reviews this and takes my suggestion seriously. Other dealers are going to follow and the classifieds will become all dealer ads. I feel there is a place for these type of ads but not in the general classifieds. They should be in the advertisers section. Please consider creating a separate section for them as suggested above.
    Separate "classified" = Win
    Dealers can fill the thing up from the jump. Average Joe's can still buy/sell or trade their one-offs.
    Anyone wanting to dealer shop for a firearm can get there with a single "click".

Just like Hot Chocolate said back in 78... "Every 1's a WINNER"

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I disagree with the separate listing section. I feel like listing an item or two isn't a big deal. There are dealers that use the classifieds to sell things without issue.

If you set up a separate section for dealers, our listings will be viewed less often and that defeats the purpose of using the classifieds. Arfcom might have it right with only allowing one/two ads on the first page, though their pages are much longer than ours.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So, since I pay money to be an advertiser, I shouldn't be allowed to use certain section's that I could use if I didn't pay???

I like Andrew I don't post many in the classifieds unless Its an unusually good deal. I don't have the time or energy to post all of the scopes I carry there. But being an advertiser is able getting views. The adds I do post in the classifieds are viewed 10x more than the ads I post in my subforum.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I disagree with the separate listing section. I feel like listing an item or two isn't a big deal. There are dealers that use the classifieds to sell things without issue.

If you set up a separate section for dealers, our listings will be viewed less often and that defeats the purpose of using the classifieds. Arfcom might have it right with only allowing one/two ads on the first page, though their pages are much longer than ours.

You are saying that you feel a dealers section would lead to less views. Why?

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    So, since I pay money to be an advertiser, I shouldn't be allowed to use certain section's that I could use if I didn't pay???

I like Andrew I don't post many in the classifieds unless Its an unusually good deal. I don't have the time or energy to post all of the scopes I carry there. But being an advertiser is able getting views. The adds I do post in the classifieds are viewed 10x more than the ads I post in my subforum.
    You could still use the classifieds for personal items. It does not take anything away from you as a member. I am sure you do get many more views in the classifieds than in the subsection. Why do you think that is the case?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think as a paid supporter I should have the ability to block the classified forum. If I want to buy something I'll go look for it. I don't need a half page of bumped adds showing every time I want to see New Posts. Can't Texkev make this happen?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I think as a paid supporter I should have the ability to block the classified forum. If I want to buy something I'll go look for it. I don't need a half page of bumped adds showing every time I want to see New Posts. Can't Texkev make this happen?
    More so when its loads of ads being bumped.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've never liked when members who post 8 to 10 ads in a row with one item in each ad.

I'm the opposite. I hate it when a member posts multiple items in the same ad. Most who do this do not clearly mark items sold, often edit and remove items and due to space don't clearly describe each item or post decent pics of each item. The exception to this is multiple small items in the same category.

I think as a paid supporter I should have the ability to block the classified forum. If I want to buy something I'll go look for it. I don't need a half page of bumped adds showing every time I want to see New Posts.

Set your forum shortcut to go to the classifieds. Click on "Mark Read" and then load the new posts.

I have been a long time supporter of this site and really hope the administration reviews this and takes my suggestion seriously.
    You're a six year member with less than 200 posts and not a paid site supporter. Do you think paid advertisers or you do more to pay the bills to keep the site running or drive visitors here?

Are any of you who want to limit what paid advertisers can post in the classifieds the same folks who lament that there aren't enough Local Gun Stores? PK Arms appears to be a small FFL that is trying to reach their target audience.

I'll point out, again, the the site banner puts the classifieds first. That's what drives traffic and traffic plus advertisers pay to keep the forum running. You make it less attractive for advertisers and you might not have the site.

Threads like this one certainly aren't a positive for anyone viewing the forum and deciding if this is where they want to spend their ad dollars.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Set your forum shortcut to go to the classifieds. Click on "Mark Read" and then load the new posts.
    And I would have to do this every time I want to see New Posts when having the ability to block Classified would work easier. As far as Classified's earning revenue why am I a Site Supporter?

Top Bottom