• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think we should encourage the use of our classifieds. Especially for those that are paying what they do to advertise.

PK Arms seem like stand up folks and I hope we all support the folks that support our site.

Maybe PK Arms will spread their adds around just a bit to not monopolize the much desired front page so much? They don't have to though, as they are following the rules. Might be a further reason for us to think about supporting them?

:twocents:

Last edited:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I don't mind dealers posting in the classifieds but I think they should limit the number of ads or combined what they're selling into one or two ads instead of having seven or eight ads right in a row.

One concern that I have is non-indiana residents selling in the classifieds. I believe that our classifieds here should be for Hoosiers not for people that are out of state. Just my thought

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't mind dealers posting in the classifieds but I think they should limit the number of ads or combined what they're selling into one or two ads instead of having seven or eight ads right in a row.

One concern that I have is non-indiana residents selling in the classifieds. I believe that our classifieds here should be for Hoosiers not for people that are out of state. Just my thought
    Why would one selling something limit themselfs to the State they live in?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    TexKev owns this site. I don‘t Recall him ever selling anything on it. He pays the server costs and licensing fees for the software. He has to cover the expenses and make enough profit above the expenses to make it worth his while. If he doesn’t then the board will get closed which hopefully none of wants. Advertisements no longer generate revenue anywhere close to what it used to, so site supporter and the industry partners (or whatever they call them now) are a big part of paying the bills. So like it or not, we need them.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    TexKev owns this site. I don‘t Recall him ever selling anything on it. He pays the server costs and licensing fees for the software. He has to cover the expenses and make enough profit above the expenses to make it worth his while. If he doesn’t then the board will get closed which hopefully none of wants. Advertisements no longer generate revenue anywhere close to what it used to, so site supporter and the industry partners (or whatever they call them now) are a big part of paying the bills. So like it or not, we need them.
    The reason I posted the question was because a poster said that they thought that classifieds should be open to people only in Indiana. I was trying to make a point that the owner does not live in Indiana, I for one have no problem with the classifieds or the rules put in place. If no laws or rules are broken, then don't fix it is what I am saying. And I don't understand why some posters have problems with it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The reason I posted the question was because a poster said that they thought that classifieds should be open to people only in Indiana. I was trying to make a point that the owner does not live in Indiana, I for one have no problem with the classifieds or the rules put in place. If no laws or rules are broken, then don't fix it is what I am saying. And I don't understand why some posters have problems with it.
    We have a lot of members that don't live in Indiana. Not a problem at all as it is good to hear from others and learn about the laws, etc. for other areas we might travel to. I think the concern about people selling/buying that live in other states is more about the legality of selling across state lines and most like to do FTF deals.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And if TK, KJQ, WCD or anyone else out of state wanted to sell something non-4473, they can. Or if they could sell that 4473 item and follow the law if they wanted.

Top Bottom