Decent range in ft Wayne? ...not freedom...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    My wife just got a new pistol the other day and she wants to go shooting in ft Wayne this weekend. Where should we go that's pretty cheap? Are there other ranges in ft Wayne besides freedom?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If you're willing to make about a 25 minute road trip to near Huntington, the DNR shooting range at Roush Lake charges only $4 to shoot all day.
    You get multiple handgun ranges, two rifle ranges of at least 50 yards, and a 100 yard rifle range.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I was just looking at hillside actually. We have a scheduled "date night" coming up and this is what she wanted to do. I'm not complaining, beats the movies!

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Will do, we're going Saturday. Hopefully it's nice so we can use the outdoor range. I'm thinking hillside is where we'll end up.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    +1 for Hillside! you get the choice of indoor or outdoor. The outdoor is great: big bays, places to hang targets or use the steel they have there, everyone (the day I went) was super nice.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Saint Mary's/Bluecreek Conservation Club highway 124 east of Monroe. Annual membership is $20. 50yd, 100 yd, 200 yd and trap range.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    They have steel they let you use? That's awesome, I've wanted to shoot steel for awhile but haven't gotten to.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    They have steel they let you use? That's awesome, I've wanted to shoot steel for awhile but haven't gotten to.

At least the day I went they did. One pistol bay had a USPSA/IDPA shaped silhouette and another had a smaller stationary plate rack. From what I was told by a regular shooter there, they do 3 gun meets there and that's what the steel is actually there for. But, no one said we couldn't shoot it so we did....

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Came and went to the range at Hillside this past Saturday, not a bad set up as far as ranges go. There were no signs along the road though, which kind of threw me off. I'm assuming the storefront is somewhere else? I was looking for it because I wanted to check it out but no luck. We actually were let in by someone else who was already inside the fences and went right to one of the pistol bays. I was hoping to use the 200 yard rifle range but there was a ton of people using it. Nice set up, and we will be back.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Came and went to the range at Hillside this past Saturday, not a bad set up as far as ranges go. There were no signs along the road though, which kind of threw me off. I'm assuming the storefront is somewhere else? I was looking for it because I wanted to check it out but no luck. We actually were let in by someone else who was already inside the fences and went right to one of the pistol bays. I was hoping to use the 200 yard rifle range but there was a ton of people using it. Nice set up, and we will be back.

The storefront and indoor range are down the road from the outdoor range. You go to the indoor range to pay and everything. The storefront is across from the indoor range. I take it it was cheap to get in?? ;)

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Antwerp (Ohio) conservation club , $30 yearly , 50/100/200/300 yard hills, pistol bay, we also do a small bore silhouette shoot the first Saturday of the month and a small bore pistol shoot the second Saturday of the month
    please come join us....pm me for more info and I do have memberships to sell

Aaron

RickyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    If you're willing to make about a 25 minute road trip to near Huntington, the DNR shooting range at Roush Lake charges only $4 to shoot all day.
    You get multiple handgun ranges, two rifle ranges of at least 50 yards, and a 100 yard rifle range.

I'll second that. Roush is awesome for the price. The range master, I believe his name is Bob, is awesome and very helpful.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Never been there, but have heard good things about Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke.

Hillside Shooting Sports

Went this weekend for the first time. As a somewhat novice shooter I was pleased with the experience. Friendly shooters and staff, not intimidating for a newbie. Safe environment (even with the 25 year old boy that wanted to debate with the Range Officer about the rules). Lots of options for shooting.

Go to the store on Mayne Road to check in then you can go back to Station Road along the tracks to shoot.

Top Bottom