• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Holy cow, great pics!

Do you think any of them truly understood the magnitude of the event before it happened? One day the world is "this way" and you're loading a secret bomb, the next day, BAM! To be a part of one of the greatest leaps in war-making technology ever. Yow-the-****ing-sa.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Tag for later. My Grandfather was an MP on Tinean when the bomb was delivered from the USS Indianapolis and assembled. He remained in-service there until after the war. I would love to see his likeness in one of these pics....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Those pics have been declassified for some time. Can't say how long but I got them in an email several years ago. Nonetheless, they are very cool. Thanks for sharing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Holy cow, great pics!

Do you think any of them truly understood the magnitude of the event before it happened? One day the world is "this way" and you're loading a secret bomb, the next day, BAM! To be a part of one of the greatest leaps in war-making technology ever. Yow-the-****ing-sa.

Maybe they understood it, but most were bone tired.
    The entire country was invested in the war, not just a small percentage.
    And everyone was tired. Physically tired, and tired of war.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Holy cow, great pics!

A few years ago I actually met and had the opportunity to talk with the man that was the navigator on the Enola Gay. He said that they had a basic understanding of what was going on, but until they experienced the blast effects and saw the mushroom cloud they had no concept of what was really going to happen.

Great pics!

Top Bottom