• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have had my LTCH for several years and albeit right or wrong a new job in a new town has presented me with a dilemma with regards to carry options. Usually, I conceal carry however there are instances when fishing or riding motorcycles that I open carry for no other reason than it's easier and/or it's more comfortable.

So, the line of work I do and the town in which I do it has made carrying , even concealed almost more trouble than it's worth to me sometimes. I can not and do not carry at my work or on my way to work as this is strictly prohibited. I am talking about times when I am off work and am out and and about. Even in a concealed scenario there are times when a weapon can be seen.

I am looking for advice on how the members here handle these situations and what techniques they use when they somewhat deep conceal.

Thanks for any input.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Have you considered a Belly Band holster? They are great for smaller EDC guns. I use them with a Shield and you can have them under a T shirt with no problems. You can adjust them to about any position that is comfortable to you. They make several types and colors. I typically use white or tan colored ones as to keep it well hidden. Some have extra pockets for extra magazines. Also a Sneaky Pete holster looks like a cell phone case on your belt.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    A keltec P32 or 3AT slipped into a front pocket holster with roomy pants. With so many people carrying various electronics no one will even give it a second glance if they notice it at all.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Wallet holster (for a small auto) works well for me as a backup or even a primary when carrying a larger pistol does not work. I also have a Mini-revolver that can go in a front pocket (though it rarely gets any carry time). Having a small pistol carry option means there are fewer reasons for me not to carry.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have used thunderpants before to deep conceal a .38 snub. Used it with my M&P compact but not too good there.

You won't have a quick draw, going to the restroom is odd as well. I don't use it much at all any more. I can conceal at the waist area pretty well.

I have a pocket holster for j frames that I use if I am in shorts and just walking out to the truck. Otherwise I usually have jeans on and I just can't get it right.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    If I can't carry anything else as a bare minimum my P3AT goes in my front pocket.

Really considering a Kangaroo Carry for a Shield or 9c. Conceals under a t-shirt they say.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Have you considered a Belly Band holster? They are great for smaller EDC guns. I use them with a Shield and you can have them under a T shirt with no problems. You can adjust them to about any position that is comfortable to you. They make several types and colors. I typically use white or tan colored ones as to keep it well hidden. Some have extra pockets for extra magazines. Also a Sneaky Pete holster looks like a cell phone case on your belt.

I second this.

After I retired from law enforcement I took a part-time job in one of the big-box hardware stores. Naturally they had a corporate no-gun policy. I carried my Smith Model 40 .38 snubbie in a belly band every day I worked for several years. No one was the wiser.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Smartcarry holster

This, depending on your build. I carried a gov't size 1911 for years in an IT gig with one and no one noticed. If they did, since any bulge is over your gibbly bits men aren't going to admit they noticed and women may start thinking you are more interesting.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    LOT of excellent suggestions presented here.

Notice there's a common thread running through all of them. THINK.

Give some thought to what you carry, and adapt the position, holster, and clothing you wear to fit your 'new lifestyle'.

Unlike the guy in the YouTube clip Gluemanz28 (post #12) posted, I'm not a large guy and don't wear bib overalls, just not my personal style. Never had an issue concealing a large or extra-large handgun, or more than one handgun. Rarely carry anything IWB and have always used a good holster.

Like the guy in the YouTube clip, simply make holster and clothing choices based on your need and virtually any sidearm can be carried. Yes, even a shotgun (18" w/ pistol grip).

TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thank you.....lots of good suggestions here. I like the idea of a pocket holster.....I'm going to start putting some smaller models in my hand to see how they feel.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN

I second this.

After I retired from law enforcement I took a part-time job in one of the big-box hardware stores. Naturally they had a corporate no-gun policy. I carried my Smith Model 40 .38 snubbie in a belly band every day I worked for several years. No one was the wiser.
    I third it. belly bands are great for deep carry. You don't have to wear them around your belly either. I typically position mine so the grip is just above my belt line.

Top Bottom