• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I am calling BS on this thread. No one, well maybe someone (this guy), would kill a 3 antlered deer and not post pictures after starting a thread over a week ago. Just saying....

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    You need to let a taxidermy take a year to mount your deer. Sometimes 6-8 months after the kill, some type of mite bug starts hatching, they will destroy your mount. I've been told it's some type of bug that hatches from the fur. the Hyde needs to be dried and salted for several months to insure you do not get these bugs.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You need to let a taxidermy take a year to mount your deer. Sometimes 6-8 months after the kill, some type of mite bug starts hatching, they will destroy your mount. I've been told it's some type of bug that hatches from the fur. the Hyde needs to be dried and salted for several months to insure you do not get these bugs.

with a kill like that, one would have pictures of it before its sent to the taxidermist

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    For good taxi work you should give a good year. We have pretty good turn around on ours but we only do just so many. With sending in the hide to get tanned (we send to only the best) there is alot of time involved. Our tanner is about 12+ weeks out from when they receive the hides. A good mount just takes time for drying and rework to make sure it will last a lifetime. I have seen plenty of mounts that crack and start falling apart due to rush jobs done. Trust me spend a little extra and just be patient and it will be well worth it in the end.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville

The infestations that you are talking about are not caused by something present when the deer is mounted, but rather insects that are present in your home and attack the mount.

Are your mounts and taxidermy infested with bugs? - Bowsite.com

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Note to self: Always take a pic to put ingunowners.com before starting same type of thread. (Just kidding)

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    2exmyi0.jpg

2zjc4l1.jpg

Sorry for the LONG delay. My wife bought a new computer and I just learned the old one. I got it figured out now.

Top Bottom