• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    i make it a point to always have a firearm in some form somewhere on my body. that, and a cia urban defense pen. nothing like a 5 inch hypodermic needle tip shoved into a eyeball or in between the second and third rib!

Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Krav Maga

I got my Black Belt in Tang Soo Doo quite a while ago, however for the last 3 years I have been taking Krav Maga and I love it! While the workouts are killer its the best thing I have come across for prepping for the "fight of your life". I commend you on starting your girls out young, I hope they take it to heart so you never need to see a woman in your life decimated.

If you just think of what items are in your possession most of the time you will find you already carry something that can be used as a alternate weapon such as Keys, Pen's, Pencil's , flashlights and comb/brush etc...
    Also pay close attention to your surrounding's when you walk into a store, resturaunt, parking garage or whatever and play a little game of "I spy with my little eye" how many exit's can I find , how many people are 15 ft. from me, what can I use to defend myself with if I had too. I know that it sounds silly but it works. And like the saying goes the mind is your greatest weapon, so dont let it go numb by not keeping it working.
    I highly recomend taking some kind of personal self defense training especially if they do some kind of sparring. I take Krav Maga and it's great for me but there are other schools that I hear great things about also you just have to do some research and decide what works for you.
    Also since I have been taking Krav Maga for a few months now I have really come to respect the effectiveness of groin strikes. I have started to take my 2 girls (7&12) to the kids classes and when we get home I have them show me what they learned in class. Lets just say that after the first couple of time's we reviewed I started to wear my cup so my 7 year old wouldnt make me lose my dinner.

PeacekeeperMX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I saw some knife fighting info on "The Best Defense" on The Outdoor Channel. It's a good show if you've never seen it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom