• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Glad I sent my money earlier!

As a side note, this class already helped me make two new gun friends. Before sending my registration off to coach I had to go to FedEx/Kinkos to print it off and make copies of my carry license and driver's license (I always include a copy of my DL for some reason). That was on the 17th of March. Well, on the 30th I needed my DL for something and I realized that both it AND my carry license were not in my wallet :eek: .

I called Kinkos and they said they kept my id's and they were waiting for me. When I got there it was just the manager and a fedex delivery driver. Turns out both of them are gun guys, and since we were the only one's in the store we basically talked gun stuff for about an hour. Very fun.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We are a go for next Saturday. We will meet at the clubhouse just prior to 10am. We are on rain or shine so prepare for the weather. Bottled water will be provided, any other food, snacks, drinks that you need will be on you. Please arrive prior to 10 am. We want to get started at 10 am sharp. The class will end in the clubhouse with video.

We will be hosting a hot range. However, do not handle your gun other than on the line under the direct supervision of the instructors. Assuming that everyone will carry to the match, and will need to put target ammo in and store their carry ammo. When you arrive find me and I will advise you how and where to do that. Follow the link below for driving directions. I will have the gate open.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...79202e81!8m2!3d39.3903145!4d-87.3204093?hl=en

Looking forward to seeing you all on the range for a great class.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have emailed a reminder to everyone who signed up for Level 1. If you did not get it let me know.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Coach -

My typical carry gun is a XDS in 9mm, carried OWB. My winter carry gun is a full size 9mm, also OWB.

Are we going to be running drills hard enough that you would recommend me using the full size?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Coach -

My typical carry gun is a XDS in 9mm, carried OWB. My winter carry gun is a full size 9mm, also OWB.

Are we going to be running drills hard enough that you would recommend me using the full size?

Bring your typical carry gun. If nothing else, you'll see how it fares in typical self defense situations.

That said, I always take two guns to a class in case one poos the bed.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Going to bed early and taking off a little before 8am. Looking forward to the class and learning something new. I took the hollow points out of my mags already and loaded them with ball ammo. Carry ammo is in my range bag for after the class. Rain gear is in my jeep.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thank you for every one who attended. As I said in person, it really means lot to me when people are willing to invest their time and money into training with me. It's a responsibility I take very seriously, and I hope everyone got something out of the class. If you have any questions or comments, things you'd like to see more or less of, etc. please feel free to reach out to either Coach or me.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    Thank you for every one who attended. As I said in person, it really means lot to me when people are willing to invest their time and money into training with me. It's a responsibility I take very seriously, and I hope everyone got something out of the class. If you have any questions or comments, things you'd like to see more or less of, etc. please feel free to reach out to either Coach or me.

Thank you, BBI, both you and Coach, for coming out to train us. I had fun and learned more than I expected, which is more than good enough for me. You're a natural teacher, my dude.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Excellent class, well thought out, BBI and coach work together perfectly. If you guys come up with a fall date for Defensive concepts 2 I'll sign up. Because of your class I think its a necessity that I train more often with good instruction.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Thanks to BBI and Coach for setting up and giving this class! It certainly was very interesting to get a breakdown of how example real events unfolded in Marion County from BBI. The security videos of actual defensive situations really did help to give a good idea of how situations can unfold and BBI was great in giving his pointers in explaining how people could have done better and handled the situation differently in the actual events.

The class flowed very well with Coach leading the shooting drills and BBI explaining how each situation reflected an actual case in real life! I thought it was great that the general situations for each drill were explained, but it was up to the shooter to handle it how he/she thought we should. There were lessons learned from watching others as well as trying it ourselves.

Thanks again to BBI and Coach for some great training! I would recommend this class, as well as all of Coaches other classes.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I want to thank BBI and Coach for taking time to run this class. What a great class my wife and I learned a great deal from this class. I will be looking for part two in the fall. This is a must class for anyone that carries a firearm.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone who came out today. It was awesome to have safe gun handlers and good shooters to work with. Stay safe everyone.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My first training experience was all that I had expected and more. Some trainers online project the Billy Bad A** persona,. There was no Alpha Male BS, Just pure professionalism. My weaknesses were politely pointed out and I was able to improve them throughout the day.

The drills were very helpful, showing how to disrupt an attackers OODA loop and get the upper hand in a bad situation.

I highly recommend this class to anyone who carries. Thank you Coach and BBI for a great class,

Top Bottom