• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAV1S84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Greencastle, IN
    I have been looking into buying my first AR platform rifle. I am looking at a Del-Ton DT Sport...I am just looking for feedback from the community on these rifles. I know Del-Ton makes good rifle kits but not sure about the complete rifles...There website states that both the uppers and lowers are Mil-Spec. my 3 requirements for my first AR is Accurate, Low Cost, Lightweight any help is appriciated.

:rockwoot:

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I have a del-ton sport and I love it. It runs just as good as any other ar rifle I've had. Keep in mind it does not have a chrome lined barrel tho.

DAV1S84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Greencastle, IN
    Well, I am not too worried about the barrel being chrome molly...I clean my wepons after every use religiously almost to the point of being OCD about it. Plus from what I have seen from other forums about the debate between chrome lined vs chrome molly is that barrels that are chrome molly are more accurate. If you guys have any pictures of your rifles please post em' Also thanks for your guys input I believe next month that Del-Ton will be in my gun safe!

:rockwoot:

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    My brother has a Del-ton sport and he loves it. I have put quite a few rounds down range with it and have been very happy with accuracy and the fit & finish is very nice. As far as I know he has had zero issues with FTF, FTE, or any problem at all with it. From my experience Del-ton is good to go

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I've built up three ARs on Del-Ton kits. All three have been reliable and accurate.

The complete rifles look well finished and have a good reputation.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Check J-T distributing/Doublestar. I almost bought the Delton but the delivery time was long. They beat Delton's price and could ship from stock.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I don't have a sport model, but the first AR 15 I bought last year was a 16 inch heavy barrel Del-Ton that was lightly used, and I love it. I have not had a single jam or failure to fire with this rifle and it's just as good as the Bushmaster I picked up a few months back.

Here's mine..it was stock when I first got it..but I have changed it up quite a bit since then....:D

394465_10151985917525596_299887402_n.jpg

This is what mine originally looked like when I first picked it up last summer.

269792_10150691878690596_7596862_n.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I put a del-ton dissipator kit together and the rifle has over 1,000 rounds through it now without a hickup. I'm a fan of Del-Ton and I like my rifle a lot.

Maybe we should have made this a Del-Ton pic thread? :)

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    With the cuirrent availability of ARs and the price of makes that are utilizing materials and processes deemed neccesary to long term durability, reliability and hard usage. I would not pay much beyond $500 for one that did not have a chrome lined barrel and chrome lined milspec bolt. Being that I've personally seen many a chrome lined barrel shoot sub minute accuracy the whole lined verses non-lined is quite mute. Why pay $700 for something when you can get something better for $750?

ETA: I will say that at least Deltons correctly stake their gas keys, unlike some other commpn gunshop variety brands.

Top Bottom