• ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Democrats: Bush was right on North Korea

Key quote:
    After years of condescending lectures and outrageously dishonest posturing against President Bush for isolating and sanctioning North Korea into submission, Democrats have finally realized that appeasing aggressors really doesn't work.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced Monday that the U.S. will be responding to North Korea's unprovoked sinking of a South Korean submarine with tough multi-lateral diplomacy, by isolating and sanctioning the regime.

In other words, Democrats have adopted the exact same approach that Bush used--the one they relentlessly trashed as "arrogant, inept, reckless" and "the failed policies of the past."

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Apparently he was right on Guantamo, Afghanistan, and withdrawing from Iraq as well.

I will never think he was right on Iraq but I do agree with going to Afghanistan but not the end game. Personally, I wish our military would have focused on Afghanistan and gotten the job done instead of still keeping our men there. George W. Bush wasn't all bad but not so great overall and at times ridiculous but I don't know if I could have done a lot better.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I will never think he was right on Iraq but I do agree with going to Afghanistan but not the end game. Personally, I wish our military would have focused on Afghanistan and gotten the job done instead of still keeping our men there. George W. Bush wasn't all bad but not so great overall and at times ridiculous but I don't know if I could have done a lot better.

My point was just that the current administrations policies in these areas aren't so different than his in practice, and Obama got elected, certainly he won the primaries, based on closing Gaunatamo and leaving Iraq immediately.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    My point was just that the current administrations policies in these areas aren't so different than his in practice, and Obama got elected, certainly he won the primaries, based on closing Gaunatamo and leaving Iraq immediately.

Obama made a lot of promises that people wanted to hear but in reality were not possible. I am not a fan of Bush or Obama and can only hope there is something good on the horizon.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What's the difference though, really? Obama started out saying "If you're a good dog, you'll get a treat!" Now he's going back to W Bush style which is "You've been a bad dog! Go to your cage!"

When really, maybe the rabid dog just needs to be put down.

We should probably be selling South Korea as many weapons as possible and trying to convince them to just finally go to war.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Huh, so giving a bully what he wants might not work out too well... wow, who would have thunk it...

I think we need to be explaining to China that if the NK nukes our 50,000 men in SK, we will leave NK a waste land after the pretty mushroom clouds dissipate. If any fallout comes their way, they will have to deal with it. Kim is their dog, they need to jerk his chain and do it now.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Our guys should be out of the ROK, they are only a target to let NK hurt us now. Pledge to destroy every living thing in NK if a single shell or bomb falls south of the 38th parallel and keep that promise.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Huh, so giving a bully what he wants might not work out too well... wow, who would have thunk it...

I think we need to be explaining to China that if the NK nukes our 50,000 men in SK, we will leave NK a waste land after the pretty mushroom clouds dissipate. If any fallout comes their way, they will have to deal with it. Kim is their dog, they need to jerk his chain and do it now.

One semi-bright side is the news reports that only 28,500 troops are there compared to 50,000 which was there.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Imo we need to focus less on other countries problems and start to look at our own first. If we spent the $$ we put into Iraq into healthcare we would already have it for everyone.

Im not saying I want to become Switzerland, but we dont need to be fighting everyones battles and in the end looking like WE are the bullies to pretty much the entire rest of the world.

Top Bottom