• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I was just wondering if there are members on this site who consider themselves dems? Or support dem candidates? Im not trying to start a rockfight but I just would like to know if there are how they reconcile supporting dems who do not support gun rights as a whole.

Not that all repub pols support gun rights. :rolleyes:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I can't see backing dems. or repubs., both are fairly pathetic but I guess you've got to pick a team of liars to put faith in.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i live in a small town and have no problems voting for dems if i feel the they are the best canidate. usually once you get up to state level i vote straight rep, but on the local level its alot diffrent when you personally know both canadates involved.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I have split my ticket many times. I voted in the Democratic primary in Indy yesterday just to cast a vote against Melina Kennedy as I don't approve of her gun registration ideas.

I have already told my wife if she gets elected I feel so strongly about the registration of firearms issue that I will be wanting to sell the house and move to the farm for good.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I want to add I hold no particular loyalty to the R party but it seems that most times its the lesser of 2 evils. I am a tea party supporter and first and foremost a single issue voter. And I dont think I have to tell what the issue is. If there is not a clear cut gun rights difference I still usually end up voting R. I will vote "other" everytime though when a doucher like coats or lugar is involved.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Paco's Voting Hierarchy:

1: Vote for the candidate who is actually pushing smaller government in both fiscal & social issues.
    2: Vote for the candidate who has a snowball's chance (aka, not that goofy guy who shows up to debates/interviews in a polo shirt) & is least likely to negatively effect me.
    3: Vote for the goofy candidate who is passionate about small government.

I try to vote to the highest number. In the event that even #3 cannot be met, I abstain in that particular race. I don't care whether a person is Demolican, Republicrat, Green, Libertarian®, etc.

Yesterday, I decided to vote in the (R) primary simply because our (D) mayoral incumbent is a shoe-in for the (D) nomination & I wanted some say in who his viable opponent would be. After choosing (R) because of the mayoral race, I then chose who I thought to be the best (R) of the crop for City Council @ Large & City Council for my district. Next year will likely be (R) primary again, simply because Obama is guaranteed the (D) incumbency. At the actual November polls, it's every candidate for themself.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    I generally vote Democrat, although I support Richard Lugar. As a Potawatomi I vote for what is best for:

1) family
    2) tribe (Pokagon Band)
    3) nation (Potawatomi)

The rest doesn't mean much to me.

FOUR MORE YEARS!! :rockwoot:

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I typically vote democrat, the main reasons are that I work a union job, and that I am just a liberal thinker in general for instance I happen to

1.be pro abortion
    2.not care about a candidates religion
    3.support gay marriage
    4.feel very strongly about many civil rights issues.

However some democrats are not pro gun, doesn't mean their are all anti gun either.

I always vote and yes I have voted for republicans. I tend to think local elections are far more significant than national ones.
    Typically democrats take a stance that I prefer on most issues that concern me.

I think politics in general are very corrupt and that most council men and women, senators, congress men and women, governors, presidents etc. do not whole heartedly represent the people that elect them.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    polititians above the local level are all corrupt anyways. they'll all say one thing but someone else is putting money in their pockets behind closed doors.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    They both stink. But whereas both parties seem to want to force me to to live my life THEIR way, only one party seems bound and determined to take away my right, means and ability to tell them to !#$* off.

hem_ker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plymouth
    My prayer is that the tea party movement keeps up the steam, so it'll make the switches to pull at the voting booth a whole lot easier!

Top Bottom