• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So I've been up since 4 AM because my wife's demon spawn puppy had to go out and pee. So I sit here and wonder how is it that I'am puppy sitting my wife's puppy. Of course my wife has no problems going back to sleep. Me, once I wake up that's it; doesn't matter if it's 2 hrs of sleep, can't go back to sleep. It feels like I'm going to face plant into this keyboard but sleep avoids me.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    I have 2 American bully pups, one 4mo and one 5mo old. I have been sleep deprived since getting the first one in December. My wife says they are my pups and requires me to take them out during the middle of the night. Not nearly as frequent as it was, but they now have grown accustom to waking at 4:30ish, denying me my last hour of sleep.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    dog sitting for my parents. the two boys woke me up at 4:00 a.m. howling. I got up to let them out but they showed no interest. Back to bed and up in a couple ours to a couple "presents" on the kitchen floor.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    So I've been up since 4 AM because my wife's demon spawn puppy had to go out and pee. So I sit here and wonder how is it that I'am puppy sitting my wife's puppy. Of course my wife has no problems going back to sleep. Me, once I wake up that's it; doesn't matter if it's 2 hrs of sleep, can't go back to sleep. It feels like I'm going to face plant into this keyboard but sleep avoids me.

I'm in the same boat as you. She has a little 4 pound Chorkie, Chihuahua Yorkie mix, that has to go about 5 am everyday. She will jump up on the bed and lick my nose until I get up and take her outside. Either the wife sleeps deeper at 5 am or is ignoring her it doesn't matter as the 10 month old pup knows I'll get up and walk her. Once I'm fully awake it's tough to get back to sleep. The nice thing about being retired is that I can grab some sleep later in the day. The wife just retired yesterday so we'll see how all of this changes!
    Dan

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    raised a lot of pups never had to get up in the miidle of the night to let out, dont water after 6, let out before going to bed, put pup in crate. wala, helps if the pup is physically exhausted.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It's been a long time since I had a puppy, most of my dogs have been Pound Mutts, older since they are on top of the kill list, so after a couple of days it was "oh OK boss I understand what you want".

Top Bottom