• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augustine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    South Bend
    I recently purchased a Desantis Sof-tuck IWB holster for my Glock 23 off of gunsamerica.com. I typically had carried my pistol in a Blackhawk IWB (size #3) holster, but with summer arriving, I wanted to be able to carry my Glock while still concealing it.

I'm a somewhat "dressy" person, so I'm usually wearing a sweater or a sports coat/suit jacket, and this makes concealing with an IWB holster easy. With the warmer weather approaching (particularly as I'll be back in NC for most of the summer), I know this won't be an option. I was excited to see that a tuckable IWB holster even exists and I had seen many reviews singing the praises of the Desantis Sof-Tuck.

I got it last week and it was stiff. I couldn't wear it without feeling like I was being jabbed in my side. So I took the advice that comes with the holster and stuck a pistol in it over night. And then a few more nights. It softened up enough to wear it semi-comfortably and after a few days of wearing it, it became comfortable. I adjusted the cant to where I wanted it and gave it a trial run with a button-up shirt. I was printing like crazy. So I worked with the angle of the cant a little and found that if I angle it forward enough, it doesn't print. But this makes it uncomfortable for me to draw and that sort of defeats the purpose of the holster. I may try moving it around a little, but I'm sort of set in my ways.

I'm happy with the holster as just a regular IWB holster and I've begun to carry my Glock in it every day, but trying to actually tuck my shirt in around it just isn't working out. I imagine that with a smaller gun, you could pull this off.

Top Bottom