• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cestep72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    A friend of mine just called and offered to sell me his .50 Desert Eagle for $1000. I am wondering is it worth it?

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Just remember, if you buy the gun, do you have enough money to pay for the shells that go with it?That ain't cheap to take to the range.

Cestep72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    What about the Desert Eagle .45? I think he is wanting to sell it also. What would be a good price for it?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought mine new last summer for 1275. Not the SS version. I would not sell mine for that. I haven't had to much trouble finding ammo. The price has not been effected by the craziness. It is fun to shoot. Loud and kicks a little bit.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If youre going to buy a deagle it better be in 50AE -- anything less is frowned upon

:yesway: I agree. Go big or go home!

:D It definantly has a wow factor! It would be like getting a Chevelle and not getting the SS. lol

On a serious note, the 44 mag conversion is a drop in. A barrel and a magazine is all that is needed and them you can shot both caliber. I have a Super Redhawk in a 44mag that I love. I might pick up the Barrel and Mag though.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    id jump on it , but only if the 50AE so then you could have the drop in's of 44mag and 357mag ........ always nice having one gun with 3 rounds ..

on a side note, have you held it ? you need gorilla hands to hold well and can NOT limp wrist it (won't cycle)

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    44MAG deagle is better to shoot, ill give you that.
    Thats like owning a JERICHO 941 not in 9mm

it doesnt make sense

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one in .44mag, and I like it very much.

I see no need to move up to .50AE

Gorilla hands were mentioned? I'm no gorilla at 6' and 140lbs, but it does take all of my hand to hang on to it. Both hands if I want to hit anything with it.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    It has a huge wow factor, but after shooting a friend of mine's I'm not a huge fan. I could find something better to spend $1k on just my :twocents:

Btw, if you run out of ammo you could always use it as a hammer.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    A new "Chinese" version?

I never heard of any DEagle NOT SS. The funnest version to shoot, sniper-style is the .357 mag w/ the 14-inch barrel. No flip, and the action is like in slow motion, rotating, running back going forward w a new stripped round ... nice feeling. I've had the .50AE in 6-in & 10-in barrel-length, and the 10 is easier on the wrists and ears. Sure draws a crowd at the range; I charge the shooters $2 per round to shoot my ammo. Yes, the .50AE is spendy, but so is a Masseratti. Which ain't no Vega. One DEagle is worth 2 bare-bones AR- platform guns, in my trading experience. A LOT of fun. And a man-stopper as well. Prepare well for that follow-up shot !!!!
    I bought mine new last summer for 1275. Not the SS version. I would not sell mine for that. I haven't had to much trouble finding ammo. The price has not been effected by the craziness. It is fun to shoot. Loud and kicks a little bit.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Wrists & hands:

I use a pair of "interrogator's gloves," with lead shot in the back of the hands. VERY good grip, keeps*the gun from twisting, and quite comfortable to shoot.
    I have one in .44mag, and I like it very much.

I see no need to move up to .50AE

Gorilla hands were mentioned? I'm no gorilla at 6' and 140lbs, but it does take all of my hand to hang on to it. Both hands if I want to hit anything with it.

Top Bottom