• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had a BRAND NEW tu-tone DESERT EAGLE 357 MAGNUM, until my friend force me to trade it to him for a used H & K P7M13 9MM with 3 mags

Doesn't sound like a very good friend. Unless your really happy with the trade. And happiness is what counts. I can't think of any thing I would trade it for. I really doubt I will ever sell it. Plus I think my boy would not be to happy about it. All my guns will be his someday. I have some cool stuff to hand down.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Here's my de next to my 500. Best money I ever spent.

IMAG0017.jpg

Where did you get the compensator for your DE and who did the work?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After reading this thread I called a buddy who has a DE in 50 stainless. I bought a box of ammo (ouch) and went to the range just to see if I was wrong about these pieces and maybe should have kept mine. I now remember why I sold it. The midget hooker thing plays into it. Big, clunky and just not all that fun after 2 mags. Enjoy them if you will, I just don't.
    That compensated piece up thread looks pretty cool.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    After reading this thread I called a buddy who has a DE in 50 stainless. I bought a box of ammo (ouch) and went to the range just to see if I was wrong about these pieces and maybe should have kept mine. I now remember why I sold it. The midget hooker thing plays into it. Big, clunky and just not all that fun after 2 mags. Enjoy them if you will, I just don't.
    That compensated piece up thread looks pretty cool.

I recently priced ammo.....
    You cant afford $25?
    I know you can!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently priced ammo.....
    You cant afford $25?
    I know you can!!!

I paid a bit more than that as it was an impulse thing. More like $35 after uncle got his. I know it is cheaper on line but it was a now or never thing.
    Gun is OK just not for me.
    I do kinda like that compensated stainless piece though.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I paid a bit more than that as it was an impulse thing. More like $35 after uncle got his. I know it is cheaper on line but it was a now or never thing.
    Gun is OK just not for me.
    I do kinda like that compensated stainless piece though.
    I was just giving you the "business" since I know you shoot 45. All in fun. $35 is actually cheap for a local pickup ...

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    I have had mine in 44 for about 15 years now. Accuracy is ok and mine shoots very high. But it is a blast to shoot. I have found that I have to use full house loads to keep it reliable. Anything less means some dealing with jamming. With a decent two handed grip it is reliable and easy to shoot. One lady that went with us one day nearly single handly shut down the range at Jasper-Pulaski. She was safe and after about 3 rounds she had nearly everyones attention!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Something I forgot to mention in my first post was build quality of the gun. With that high price tag comes a phenomenal firearm.

The trigger is excellent and accuracy is outstanding in my experience.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Something I forgot to mention in my first post was build quality of the gun. With that high price tag comes a phenomenal firearm.

The trigger is excellent and accuracy is outstanding in my experience.

My trigger has just a little creep. The trigger is adjustable so I am not worried about it. I am going to put some more rounds threw it before I adjust it. It sure is pretty and it's fun. So that makes it pretty fun :D No regrets.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    My trigger has just a little creep. The trigger is adjustable so I am not worried about it. I am going to put some more rounds threw it before I adjust it. It sure is pretty and it's fun. So that makes it pretty fun :D No regrets.

Trigger is a bit creepy but it has a good release and it resets the same place everytime.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I have shot one in .44mag and loved it, but I don't think I would ever buy one, it just seems too expensive/gimmicky to me. There are much cheaper/more fun options out there.

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I've owned a couple over the years. 357 and 44 mag. They pretty much require full-power magnum rounds or they won't cycle. They are fun to shoot and own, just not a real practical reason to own one. Get one because you want it, not because you think you need it for something.

Top Bottom