• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Law and Order: SVU aired an episode which depicted a killer who was supposedly incited to violence by listening to Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and Rush Limbaugh. In the episode, the three are called "a cancer spreading ignorance and hate."

Say what you will about those commentators, but it is ridiculous to claim that they incite violence.

This is not the first such slam on conservatives from Law & Order. Be aware of what your family is being propagandized with. I remember some pretty anti-gun messages being delivered in the past.

American Thinker: Poisoned wells

The television program Law & Order recently had a character that connected psychotic murder with people who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Glenn Beck. The wells of public life have all been poisoned. Television entertainment is just the last stage of a long, lingering illness.

Full Article here...

The wells have been poisoned. Entertainment in America today is as political as the entertainment of Russia in the worst days of Stalin. Law and Order must instruct us not only which individuals are killers, but which political class of people in America are killers. We cannot stop, relax, chat, and take a cool drink together as friends from a village well. We cannot sit and laugh together at innocent fun. Entertainment has become to television what objective science has become to global warming: convicted, condemned, and banished.

YouTube - law slam

Glenn Beck Responds to Attack by "Law and Order: SVU"

Here is video of Glenn Beck today hammering the Left for being the ones prone to violence, even though it was Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O'Reilly who were slimed last night in an episode of "Law and Order: SVU."

Beck showed a clip from the episode that aired last night which depicted a killer who was supposedly incited to violence by being a right-wing talk radio fanatic who listened to Beck, O'Reilly and Limbaugh. In the "Law and Order" episode, the three are called "a cancer spreading ignorance and hate."

Beck then proceeded to point out there have been no arrests or conservatives at any "Tea-Party Events," at the 9/12 March in Washington, or in Town Hall Meetings this summer. But, Beck chronicles example after example of Left-wingers carrying out violence and destruction.

The media tries to portray conservatives as dangerous, when it is the Leftists - who are dominated by people with no moral center - that are actually those far more likely to justify violence towards others. Beck does a good job of demonstrating that reality.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife and I watch almost all of those "crime dramas" - Law and Order, CSI, etc.... Its funny, though. We often look at each other and say "Now for our PSA moment!".

Calling out these talk-show hosts by name does go a bit far. It would have worked just as well to claim "the vast right-wing conspiracy" made him do it. I wonder if the left-leaning writers know this just strengthens the arguments by the right-wingers? Its like they keep pitching softballs to Beck and Rush!

There have been plenty of shows going the "other way" as well. Stem-cell researches stealing embryos, tree-huggers killing animal lab researchers, etc.... These shows make their living off of "us vs. them"; showing the worst side of each.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Out of all three Bill O is definetley my favorite. And as far a Rush....Well he does try to incite violence. He is a D.B. royale. Glen Beck, although sometimes over the top does not instigate violence nor does Bill O' , but Rush, he definetly does...Look at me, I would not pi$$ on him if his guts were on fire. The other two..they don't bother me and I don't think they incite violence.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Out of all three Bill O is definetley my favorite. And as far a Rush....Well he does try to incite violence. He is a D.B. royale. Glen Beck, although sometimes over the top does not instigate violence nor does Bill O' , but Rush, he definetly does...Look at me, I would not pi$$ on him if his guts were on fire. The other two..they don't bother me and I don't think they incite violence.

Could you tell us what Rush Limbaugh said to his listeners that encouraged them to be violent?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Is SVU the show that often features pedophilia and incest? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they promote it. But if it's the one I'm thinking of, it certainly seems to play to people's twisted prurient interest in these topics.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Is SVU the show that often features pedophilia and incest? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they promote it. But if it's the one I'm thinking of, it certainly seems to play to people's twisted prurient interest in these topics.

They are pretty bad. They like to show the absolute worst in people and make it seem like these people killing people like this is an everyday thing. I used to watch this with my wife all the time and it just got to the point where I was sick of it. I couldn't stand watching that everyday.

But I see the prejudice in more than SVU. I see it in CSI(all), L&O, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Numb3rs, all of them. What do they all have in common? Hellyweird.

The only crime shows I personally watch is The Mentalist (sometimes), and Numb3rs. At least with Numb3rs you actually learn something.

I just can't believe they called out people by name this time. They really are getting desperate aren't they?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

:scratch: :joke: :rofl:

Give me a break.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Filthmongers the lot, but I cannot for the life of me buy into the notion that anything anyone says - short of direct threats or sleeping with their spouse - can incite none but the most hotheaded among us into violence. And yeah, I happen to think all three use fear and misinformation to rile their respective audiences, to play to the common denominator... but what, precisely, is 'incitement to violence' anyhow? If I see Glenn Beck and get super enraged at his crocodile tears and then beat my mailman who's wearing a 9/12 lapel pin, is this incitement to violence? If I watch Rosie O'Donnell and in a fit of pique smash my fist through my chubby neighbor's face, is this incitement to violence?

Non sequitur!

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN

Oh please. He was obviously joking. Or do you think that the far-right conservative really believed he could incite Democrats to riot? :rolleyes:

Rush threatened legal action against people smearing him. Someone went to verbally confront the media types who did it. And this is violence...how? From what I saw on the video, he made some talk show hosts rather uncomfortable for a few minutes. Oh, the humanity.

This one is simply pathetic. Rush warned of problems within our own borders -- specifically the undermining of our military leaders by politicians -- causing problems for our troops overseas. Again I ask -- how is this inciting violence?

Rush is inciting people to think, to be passionate about what's happening in our country, and possibly to act -- by talking to elected officials, by becoming involved in the issues, and by doing the ultimate patriotic act of voting -- but there is simply no proof for the ridiculous assertion that he is inciting violence.

As for Law & Order, it's typical Hollywood nonsense. I stopped watching the show years ago because of its obvious political bias and beat-you-over-the-head morality plays. Glad to see I made the correct choice.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pop culture has long been accustomed to messages and sentiments that encourage left leaning views.

Simply seeing it becoming more and more overt over time is nothing to be alarmed over. I'd rather not have people that believe everything thing they hear in the same room with me. Especially if they're glued to the every word of some Hollywood whorebag.

Rylay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Well... I am not going to agree with ppl saying they incite violence, I tend to think that falls more on the idiots that commit the violence. But here is the best case I have seen put fourth by Olberman...

YouTube - KEITH OLBERMANN AT HIS FINEST! Shut up or SUE, O'Reilly!

I think Orielly looks the worst here and you notice he didn't really have anything on Rush. I don't know that he proved Beck incited anything. He was trying to show that Beck calls the president a racist. Until someone tries to take out the president for racist reasons i dont see the connection.

Last edited:

tdommer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    idiots

i love asking "What exactly did Glenn Beck say that was so far off base" the people who bash conservatives do it only with emotion, forget trying to use "facts" they just get in the way

Top Bottom