• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Taken from the New Yorker Online. To be published in print on August 8, 2011.

I did a search on the sight and I did not find this article. I don't think it is a repost. It most certainly paints a heroic picture of Obama and puts a bit of credit that should be bestowed on others but it still is an interesting read!

<Copyrighted article redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I read that earlier today. That's good reading. Pretty scary how bad they seemed to start (ie crashing helo ONE of TWO).

Also love how the dog remained muzzled when meeting Oblama.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The link was sufficient. We didn't need the massive copy/paste that could potentially bring legal troubles down on the board.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sorry.

I am a member of a few other forums that require the article with a link to the article. I confused the rules with another forum.

It is the most acceptable and legally prudent to only post a brief explanation and the link.

Thank you scutter for correcting that.

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Absolutely amazing read! I love "behind the scenes" stuff like this. Also wamma read"seal team six" book that just came out......bravo to those guys...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    the massive copy/paste that could potentially bring legal troubles down on the board.

Not to jack the thread, but I thought a Federal judge ruled that a plaintiff had to control rights to material to sue for copyright infringement...and unless newspapers and magazines grant full copyrights to entities like RightHaven (to share in the spoils of lawsuits), it can't be litigated. No?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Not to jack the thread, but I thought a Federal judge ruled that a plaintiff had to control rights to material to sue for copyright infringement...and unless newspapers and magazines grant full copyrights to entities like RightHaven (to share in the spoils of lawsuits), it can't be litigated. No?
    It may not be up to date with the latest legal machinations, but I tend to go by the 10% rule of thumb for fair use. It seems to handle all the normal cases, and was also applied at one point to the copyright trolls at RightHaven, though I don't recall the final disposition of that case or even that we have one yet.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    anything can be litigated. That costs money though. It is cheaper just to follow the rules and save Fenway the headache and the money.

Had nothing to do with "house rules" and more to do with the finding out the final outcome of that whole RightHaven nonsense.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Found it interesting that the news lady tonight said "New details from one of the navy seals who aided in the CAPTURE of bin laden coming up" Was that a Freudian slip?
    Any way thanks for the link

Top Bottom